Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are you watching the Cup Final?

Are you watching the Cup Final

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So you favour 'let those bastions of judgement, the Referees and Linopersons decide'? ???

Id like you to point out where I have said that.

Moving the line to somewhere else is just moving the line, it'll cause exactly the same problems but with different body parts.

I'm in favour of rushing the process, if it's not obvious, deal with it.
Giving a chunk of leeway over to 'umpires call'.
&
Moving on.

The moving on part of that is the most crucial.

We're here because we (the entire UK footballing community) could never move on.

It's laughable that Danny Baker can't wait to stick the boot in on every VAR.
Yet he made half his money by inadvertently screaming for VAR while he made a kings ransom highlighting every single gaff.

My system would have the pundits back in the studio spending 10 minutes pawing over every decision until we're right back to where we are now.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
The shot shows the ball on the player’s boot.

Well that's the challenge - Is it? The amount of blur on a still like that makes it impossible for anyone to see remotely accurately when the ball is 'played'. The ball is in contact with the boot for about .05 seconds, allow for a bit of margin of error for the person clicking the button and you have, very very conservatively, a absolute minimum of .1 seconds of time to allow for during which time a footballer running at 15 mph (that's not full tilt) will have moved approx 60cm. Way, way more than the margins we're looking at with these offside decisions.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Err, but it is the referees who interpret the VAR images. It’s just another ref making a judgement call, albeit from a bunker near Heathrow.

Well, exactly :thumbsup:

The idea that VAR corrects referees flaws and biases when exactly the same people are interpreting w/hat is going on on the screen is laughable. As is the idea it somehow removes Big Six bias. Brighton v Man United at the Amex anyone?

Perhaps we could invite Simon Cowell to put a VAR analysis panel together complete with a golden button for most amusing decision. Any tight decisions could be remedied by the player being invited to sing a cover version of "I Will Always Love You".

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Err, but it is the referees who interpret the VAR images. It’s just another ref making a judgement call, albeit from a bunker near Heathrow.

I mean change the laws and make the referees follow them. Clear blue daylight.

Getting rid of VAR and letting the refs make grotesque howlers won't improve decision making.

Obviously people who want quick decisions even if they are ludicrously wrong will disagree.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Leicester 1-0 Racists

The right result

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here