Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you into the Paranormal?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
19th Sept 2000 10.20am my automatic watch stopped and i had a huge cold shiver run through my body and felt very odd. 30 minutes later i took a call from my mother saying my Father has died of a sudden heart attack at 10.20 am. Now i can't explain why or how ,but i don't believe in it .

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
You're comparing apple to oranges there.

Seeing and hearing are two different things.

You're also making a call based on not knowing the people involed. My grandfather wasn't a religious person and was a very no nonsense matter of fact kind of person. Not the kind olf person to think up let alone talk about some fanciful tales. If he said he saw an apparition he did. No tricks of light or mistaken identity, it was a ghost sighting.

Genuine LOL at that, you have come to the conclusion that it MUST be a ghost sighting, right. By the way, can I interest you in some magic beans? Only 60 quid?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I Posted this earlier in the thread, nobody has explained it:

As much as I don’t believe, this particular incident still gives me the shivers:

My father died suddenly in 2001 aged 64, I was on my way home from the Hospital and thought I’d better go and see my Grandfather (Dads dad) who was in a care home at the time to tell him.

I’d been there for about 30 minutes when he suddenly said “You’d best go now” I was a bit surprised by this and asked him if he was OK.

“I’ll be fine” he said “Your dads here”

He passed away a few hours later.

People hallucinate when they are very ill. That is logical, right?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Genuine LOL at that, you have come to the conclusion that it MUST be a ghost sighting, right. By the way, can I interest you in some magic beans? Only 60 quid?

There's always that 'spiritualist' church with no windows in Edward Street who will gladly relieve you of your £££

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm a scientist, but I love all that bollocks. As a kid I lapped up Borley Rectory, the spoon bending Israeli, Star Trek . . . bit it isn't real. People believe in things that make them feel better, especially if they feel shitty, or if they are lazy minded. It somemes takes determination to avoid the sort of life that awaits if we just sit back and dream deludedly: short and brutish.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I used to get this regularly and can be very scary if you don’t understand it, especially if your mind believes there is an evil spirit in the room with you.

You cannot even speak, let alone shout for help. :lolol:

I had exactly the same ....felt like I was pinned to the bed could not scream or make a noise...when I woke or came out of it the bed was dragged away from the wall a few feet, probably by me thrashing around..
Also saw my Dad a week after he passed standing at the bottom of my bed....( wife said she saw him as well.) prob just the mind...

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
No, the opposite. I am saying you can feel things that are not reality:

A schizophrenic hears voices, it does not mean they are there
A person can feel there is a presence in the room, it does not mean they are there
A person in a desert can hallucinate a fountain of water, it does not mean it is there
A person on pills can feel love for the stranger sat next to him, it does not mean it is real
A person can see a vision of god, it does not mean it is there

What I am saying is that 100% a person can think they have seen something like a ghost or god but it does not mean it exists. It exists in their mind or eye but not in reality.

So you can see reality, the protons, neutrons, electrons etc

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I used to get this regularly and can be very scary if you don’t understand it, especially if your mind believes there is an evil spirit in the room with you.

You cannot even speak, let alone shout for help. :lolol:

I've had this many times over the years. The last time was, I guess, around 10 years ago so, hopefully, I've grown out of it. In my younger days I found it very scary that I was lying there and I couldn't move or speak. After some years of this happening I got to a stage where I could remain calm and focus on trying to move my hand. As soon as I achieved that I was able to move freely.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
My sister has done a few séances (hopefully that is how you spell it) whilst training and has come up with names of loved ones of people present. All seems weird to me but she swears by it

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It's all a pile of old twaddle from start to finish...
If you're vulnerable and fixated on things long enough you'll see these things it's that simple.The mind is ridiculously powerful and is more than capable of creating anything you want it to create.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
My sister has done a few séances (hopefully that is how you spell it) whilst training and has come up with names of loved ones of people present. All seems weird to me but she swears by it

"Does anyone know a Steve?, or John? I'm getting John no? Peter, yes Peter that's it. Oh you do ? Peter says hi"

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
So you can see reality, the protons, neutrons, electrons etc
Well technically you can see protons and neutrons if you have the right equipment... which is the point. Even if you can't directly see them, you can directly measure via numerous methods that they are there. Whereas the only evidence for ghostly apparitions comes from a rather unreliable source: anecdotes and eye witness testimony

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Well technically you can see protons and neutrons if you have the right equipment... which is the point. Even if you can't directly see them, you can directly measure via numerous methods that they are there. Whereas the only evidence for ghostly apparitions comes from a rather unreliable source: anecdotes and eye witness testimony

So there is no chance that there are things that exist but we just haven't invented the equipment to see them yet :)

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
So there is no chance that there are things that exist but we just haven't invented the equipment to see them yet :)
Not when they're apparently so easy to see, hear and feel by humans. You'd think that we'd be able to detect such obvious things with the technology we have

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here