Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Are you having a laugh?! Recommended stand-up sets...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Seems to be a bit of a trend for stand-up comedians to release entire shows on YouTube. Which is nice.

I'd definitely recommend these two sets...

Josh Pugh - Full show from earlier this year, I think? Love, love, love the slow cooker gag. A breakout star of 2023.

Richard Herring - Full show from a few years back. Prelude to "Oh f*ck, I'm 60".

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
But also...

Frankie Boyle - 40min from 2019-ish? Includes a ridiculously good Yemen joke.

Nate Bargatze - Old set from 2011, most of which made his first Netflix special. (Does some great dad-related comedy these days)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone on the NSC hive mind got an opinion on Ed Gamble?

Mrs GB got us tickets for his Brighton show tonight. I've never seen him do stand up, just odd bits on food programmes. Should I expect my ribs to be tickled?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Mrs GB got us tickets for his Brighton show tonight. I've never seen him do stand up, just odd bits on food programmes. Should I expect my ribs to be tickled?
I've seen him do some proper stand up slots before, but not a full length solo show. The couple of times that I saw him, he was very good.

Jul 7, 2003

Mrs DCH and I go to a lot of comedy. We saw Ed at the Komedia a few years ago and enjoyed his stuff. He's nowhere near as 'nice' as the TV persona but you should enjoy the evening.

Josh Pugh from the OP is at the Corn Exchange on 10th February for anyone interested in going along (I'm hoping Spurs away will be moved as it is the same day).

For anyone who likes their stand-up, make sure you keep an eye on The Forge website as they have some great acts there with a good mix of up and coming comedians as well as special events with bigger names.

Jul 7, 2003
None of my favourites appear to be touring at present, neither Al Murray or Bill Bailey.
Bill Bailey is at the Brighton Centre on 24th Feb. Al Murray is Playing Brighton and Crawley during 2024 although I am lucky enough to have tickets to see him do his Work in Progress in Hassocks at the end of Jan.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Bill Bailey is at the Brighton Centre on 24th Feb. Al Murray is Playing Brighton and Crawley during 2024 although I am lucky enough to have tickets to see him do his Work in Progress in Hassocks at the end of Jan.
Work permitting will get both sorted, although I really don't like the Brighton Centre.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Two words for you:-

Doug
&
Stanhope.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The aforementioned Josh Pugh is also on the same bill....might see you there.
Great night I thought.

Mrs GB hadn’t mentioned that there were several comics doing short sets or that we were in a BOX (luckily not picked on) but she does like surprises.

Josh was great, Jen, the compare was hilarious and Ed definitely did tickle my ribs. In particular I hope his trip to Vegas routine gets on video at some point and I’ll post it on here.

Wasn’t so fussed on the second comic on, a girl from Croydon who just whinged on about traffic wardens and boyfriends but always likely in a show so varied.

Hope you enjoyed it @Arthur

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Anthony Jeselnik.

Not for the easily offended though!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Great night I thought.

Mrs GB hadn’t mentioned that there were several comics doing short sets or that we were in a BOX (luckily not picked on) but she does like surprises.

Josh was great, Jen, the compare was hilarious and Ed definitely did tickle my ribs. In particular I hope his trip to Vegas routine gets on video at some point and I’ll post it on here.

Wasn’t so fussed on the second comic on, a girl from Croydon who just whinged on about traffic wardens and boyfriends but always likely in a show so varied.

Hope you enjoyed it @Arthur

Was an enjoyable evening. Have been to a fair bit of stuff there over the last couple of years and it's never been that busy so was nice to see it full.

Thought Jen was a great compare. Her self deprecation stuff and cheap digs at Brighton were refreshingingly good. There is definitely enough sourdough in Brighton! I've heard about these colouring in for adult places.....are there genuinely places in Brighton where adults can go and colour in??

Josh has the gag of the night IMO which was his first one about his dog and the hover.

As you say the girl from Croydon was a bit shit. Fern Brady was ok.

Ed was good but it was kinda ruined for me by the woman sat behind me who thought he was having a conversation with just her. Didn't help that she happened to be a cat expert and was loudly agreeing with him on pretty much everything he said.....it's observational comedy you dick head!

I also had the two INCREDIBLY drunk women who did the whoooping at the start of the third section sat in front of me. They lasted about 5 minutes of Ed Gamble before one of them was sick. I don't know if they were asked to leave or left of their own accord.

Evening was slightly soured as the biggest joke of the night was when I got back to my car and paid for my parking! I know the car is the enemy to Brighton council but jesus christ do they not want a night time economy?!?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Tom Segura, the natural successor to Louis CK.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Was an enjoyable evening. Have been to a fair bit of stuff there over the last couple of years and it's never been that busy so was nice to see it full.

Thought Jen was a great compare. Her self deprecation stuff and cheap digs at Brighton were refreshingingly good. There is definitely enough sourdough in Brighton! I've heard about these colouring in for adult places.....are there genuinely places in Brighton where adults can go and colour in??

Josh has the gag of the night IMO which was his first one about his dog and the hover.

As you say the girl from Croydon was a bit shit. Fern Brady was ok.

Ed was good but it was kinda ruined for me by the woman sat behind me who thought he was having a conversation with just her. Didn't help that she happened to be a cat expert and was loudly agreeing with him on pretty much everything he said.....it's observational comedy you dick head!

I also had the two INCREDIBLY drunk women who did the whoooping at the start of the third section sat in front of me. They lasted about 5 minutes of Ed Gamble before one of them was sick. I don't know if they were asked to leave or left of their own accord.

Evening was slightly soured as the biggest joke of the night was when I got back to my car and paid for my parking! I know the car is the enemy to Brighton council but jesus christ do they not want a night time economy?!?
While I don't know, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised about the colouring in. It's SO Brighton and she had the mocking of it down pat.

Commiserations on the parking. Suspect our Uber home to Portslade was cheaper.

EDIT - Googled it. FFS :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here