Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with the signing of Liam Rosenior?

Are you happy with the signing of Liam Rosenior?

• Yes

Votes: 300 89.8%
  • Meh

Votes: 25 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
It's a very good signing, not only quality, but shows intention. It is a little concerning, and confusing that he has been signed as early as June. Has someone in recruitment cocked up, or have they signed him on time for last season?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Yes. Can't say I'd recognise him from Adam, although I do recognise the name, but, if he wrote that letter to the Hull fans and not his agent, then he is the sort of person I would want at this club. Yup, seems like a minor thing to base it on, but to me it shows a bit of intelligence and understanding not only as a person but would undoubtedly show in his game.

Possibly a silly reasoning, but that's how I think (if thinking is ever apparent in moi). Oh, and he played in the prem.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
U
Teams let good players go for any number of reasons. Do you not think most of the league wonders why we let Cook and Elphick go? But at the time (as many people have told me on other threads...) we had good reason to not require their services at that time. That is why there is a transfer market. You need a balanced squad, perhaps Hull have too many defenders, or talented youngsters coming through and need some space in the wage bill.

Does that give you a clue? :shrug:

Whilst I take your point,but hose are not great examples. We didn't 'let go' either Cook or Elphick. We SOLD both b

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
quote from Hull fan's site

"In an era were top flight footballers are seen by most normal people as greedy, egotistical, selfish, shallow individuals, Liam Rosenior has been the exact opposite of all those things while here.
His commitment to playing for the team and adding to the squad has only been matched by his desire to put something back into the community who support him.
Steve Bruce's nepotistic, blinkered squad building is complimented by the club owners complete lack of sense of community. At a time when we should be looking to re-build and move forward, we've moved backwards from a terrible position.
All the very best Liam. "

very happy about this

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
quote from Hull fan's site

"In an era were top flight footballers are seen by most normal people as greedy, egotistical, selfish, shallow individuals, Liam Rosenior has been the exact opposite of all those things while here.
His commitment to playing for the team and adding to the squad has only been matched by his desire to put something back into the community who support him.
Steve Bruce's nepotistic, blinkered squad building is complimented by the club owners complete lack of sense of community. At a time when we should be looking to re-build and move forward, we've moved backwards from a terrible position.
All the very best Liam. "

very happy about this

Me too - means it's not just users on our board that use 'complimented' when they mean 'complemented' :O

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Might get us a bit more airtime on The Football League Show having one of the pundits sons playing for us...................................................... oh :down:

Well yes ... except he isn't a pundit any more, from next season the show moves to Channel 5, with new pundits presumably.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We got a small fee but we let them both go with our blessing as they were deemed surplus to our requirements at the time.

We let them go and now they're doing well. Every single person at the club who collaborated in this outrageous conspiracy to ruin the club has now of course left, sacked or long since vanished but nonetheless we will surely be reminded of this every single Saturday next season especially if they continue to be first choice for our south coast enemies and probably every time we buy a defender this close season. God help us if one of the deadly Muff duo scores a goal or fancy this. gets called up for England in the next few months. The gnashing and wailing could power half the land.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We let them go and now they're doing well. Every single person at the club who collaborated in this outrageous conspiracy to ruin the club has now of course left, sacked or long since vanished but nonetheless we will surely be reminded of this every single Saturday next season especially if they continue to be first choice for our south coast enemies and probably every time we buy a defender this close season. God help us if one of the deadly Muff duo scores a goal or fancy this. gets called up for England in the next few months. The gnashing and wailing could power half the land.

Wind your neck in Chailey, I was making the point to someone who said that Rosenior must be rubbish because Hull let him go if you follow the posts!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looks like B'muff have bought a replacement for one of them already though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here