Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with the progress ?

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
Oh I'm sorry am I supposed to agree with you're bull shit comments? You said your lot sang no matter the score, I didn't hear you singing until you went ahead.

Try reading Ali rrr comments who clearly goes to the games !

Sometimes you hate a club so much that even if we stood next to you shouting Eagles all night you would still not hear us.

You should go for a night out with Arsene Wenger, he is as blinkered as you !

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
15,000??

Are you JOKING?

Give it 2 to 3 seasons with no progress and I think not.

But this is only my view maybe you will prove me wrong. Look at the fall of Middlesbro as one example ...

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Try reading Ali rrr comments who clearly goes to the games !

Sometimes you hate a club so much that even if we stood next to you shouting Eagles all night you would still not hear us.

You should go for a night out with Arsene Wenger, he is as blinkered as you !

Oh f*** off you pikey scum. I've missed 3 out of the last 90+ games.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Cheers.

I just typed what I felt, and on reflection it does come across a little like that.

It is hard to get across what you think without being a little bastard...

That's better

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
Ah it's getting late and the numptys have arrived.

Must get off to bed as this pikey bastard has a job to go to !

Ta ta, see you at the Amex...

Oh by the way BN1 & BN3 Albion....surley that should be BHA1 CP3 ?? :smile:

Everest...very funny, I'm laughing so much I may not sleep now !:facepalm:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Never mind the 'Who's better, Palace or Brighton' stuff - I'm happy with our progress, thank you. And I think we're building on good firm foundations.

Jimmy Grimble

Your support at home is good, but away games where the true fans go you lack both numbers and noise. In fact you are so far behind us on that front. Given our rivalry your support at Selhurst was poor and I expected far more noise and songs rather than just that constant Albion chant !

To be fair you haven't come across as that much of an arsehole compared to most Palace fans on here. But this is just factually incorrect in regards to numbers. Our average away following has been bigger than yours that last two years running. There's a comprehensive set of statistics somewhere that shows this. [MENTION=5542]Horsham Gull[/MENTION] I believe has them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Some fair points but you're miles off in terms of money spent to league positions - Gus has overachieved in that respect in all 3 seasons he's been here, massively in the case of the League One winning season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
3 years ago we were at the arse end of League One. We walked the league the next season and just missed the playoffs last season. We are looking like an established team this season and have played the better football in pretty well all the games I've seen this season, although I did miss the Palace game where we were down to 10 after 8 mins. Our crowds have gone from 6,000 odd to 25,000 and we have a fabulous stadium.

On the negative front, we struggle to close out games and we can't win a game when we go behind. Our midfiled don't score enough and our forwards are misfiring.

Gus is a good manager who makes mistakes and is a bit pigheaded, as he seems a little inflexible with his tactics. He has struggled to replace Murray.

Overall you'd have to be a demanding numpty not to be very happy with the progress that we have made in the last three years. We have reached a plateau but I'm hoping a couple of January signings will help us make the next step.

There are worse places to be than the top half of a very entertaining Championship and promotion is not a priority this season.

I am loving being an Albion fan at the moment and accept that our progress will slow as we try and reach the top flight. There are so many good clubs in this division, we were never going to run away with this league.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
3 years ago we were at the arse end of League One. We walked the league the next season and just missed the playoffs last season. We are looking like an established team this season and have played the better football in pretty well all the games I've seen this season, although I did miss the Palace game where we were down to 10 after 8 mins. Our crowds have gone from 6,000 odd to 25,000 and we have a fabulous stadium.

On the negative front, we struggle to close out games and we can't win a game when we go behind. Our midfiled don't score enough and our forwards are misfiring.

Gus is a good manager who makes mistakes and is a bit pigheaded, as he seems a little inflexible with his tactics. He has struggled to replace Murray.

Overall you'd have to be a demanding numpty not to be very happy with the progress that we have made in the last three years. We have reached a plateau but I'm hoping a couple of January signings will help us make the next step.

There are worse places to be than the top half of a very entertaining Championship and promotion is not a priority this season.

I am loving being an Albion fan at the moment and accept that our progress will slow as we try and reach the top flight. There are so many good clubs in this division, we were never going to run away with this league.

Wow. 100% spot on. Our current situation very nicely summed up in six paragraphs. It's refreshing to read a post that's not overly critical or negative about our current 'plight' just outside the play offs of the championship.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wow. 100% spot on. Our current situation very nicely summed up in six paragraphs. It's refreshing to read a post that's not overly critical or negative about our current 'plight' just outside the play offs of the championship.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I don't remember the last time that an opposition manager said " No disrespect but we should be beating teams like Brighton". Pre-Gus we used to hear these comments regularly. Now teams are setting us to stop us playing because they fear us should we be allowed to play our natural game. I think we can take this as 100% proof that we are making good progress :thumbsup:

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I have seen a few pics on here that show some of your fans are starting to try and do this too but with even more embarrassing results.

I don't think so Palarse. I would like to see these pics. We certainly don't bang a drum and wave plastic flags to generate atmosphere at The Amex.

Blackcap

Nov 6, 2011
Shoreham by Sea

Excellent summary with which I agree 100%. I am very happy with our progress over the last 3 years and have always expected us to need a good 3 years or so in the Championship before being in a fit state to make a serious challenge for the top flight which might stand any chance of being sustainable. We are certainly not Premiership ready yet but we are continuing to improve, our squad is better than last year and I am therefore satisfied that we are continuing to move in the right direction.

The only thing that annoys me at the moment is the seemingly increasing number of impatient BHA fans for whom anything short of a perfect performance at every single game is deemed an abject failure requiring the sacking of the management. They are idiots.

Yes I'm a Palace fan....but not one to come on here and gloat about our recent good run of results against you.

I have a few work colleagues who support the shegulls, and they do go on and on about being the better club etc etc. It's like an obsession.

Personally, I do not like to lose to you, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual, but I would like to get an honest view as to whether you are happy with your current set up.

If I supported your club I would be unsure exactly how big you are as a club and how far you will go before it all starts to slow down and you become another club stuck in the championship like we have been for many years. My reasons are as follows:

The saviour CMS, whom you said was so much better than Murray (when we got him from you for nothing) maybe is not as good as you first thought. Against us last week he was awful in comparison to our front line, and way too inconsistant.

Your support at home is good, but away games where the true fans go you lack both numbers and noise. In fact you are so far behind us on that front. Given our rivalry your support at Selhurst was poor and I expected far more noise and songs rather than just that constant Albion chant !Your manager is not smart enough in my view. He is quite predictable and I think he is another where a top player may not mean a top manager. The funds he has had to spend do not match the results he has achieved. The difference between us and you on money spent is large, but on the pitch you would think we spent 3 to 4 times what you have.

On the other hand....

Your ground is far and away better than ours, and your home numbers are currently very good of which you should be proud. But if over the next 2 seasons maximum you do not get promoted, then I'm convinced your fanbase will start to drop back to a realistic figure around 15000, especially when the new ground buzz and cheap season tickets bein to run out andyou have to pay full price for a new one. If we could get a new stadium I know we would fill it too, but our numbers would start to drop off too over time if success doesn't follow, plus we have the added problem of so many London clubs to compete against.

Ok my views may be a tad biased, and maybe I seem a little obsessed myself, but I have had it in the ear from these colleagues at work going on and on that I thought I would share my views with your fans directly rather tha have to spend any further time with them. Honest shegull fans on here I'm sure will see some truth in what I have to say, or maybe not given some of the posts I have read on here recently.

Shall I ? Shan't I ?

Nah. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here