Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with the Albion's January business?

Are you happy with the Albion's January business?

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If the team go on a run I would agree with you, but it's a big if at this point. Survival is the main thing obviously but I cannot see this squad moving too far up the table. While I don't think we should've signed Messi and Ronaldo, I do think one or two higher profile but sensible signings would've been taken as a statement of intent for the summer. By hoarding all of our money for the last day of August we risk losing a proportion of our current season ticket holders from the end of the season costing us money from the budget available in the summer.

SWP? God no, but someone of the right age in a forward position might just have reignited the season and more importantly offered a hope of better times ahead...

Another great post.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Always waiting for the next window... then a steady squad decline follows... I admire your optimism.

You've misinterpreted what I'm saying here (and merely repeated what I said in the previous post), so let me just make my position a tad clearer so you can understand:
1, Long-term B&HA are in a good position (stadium, academy, fourth year in Championship, Bloom, high crowds)
2, The tap began to run dry a while back, and we've now had four poor transfer windows. This, player and managerial instability, Sami, etc explains our current precarious position.
3, Bloom has repeatedly stated that he likes to do transfer business in the summer. He's also changed tack by employing Hughton rather than the 'up-and-coming' strategy of his three predecessors. What happens in this summer's transfer window, I've no idea. So it's far more about caution than optimism.

You, by contrast, seem to exude pessimism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here