Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you going to the Amex tonight

Are you going to the Amex tonight

• Total voters

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Strange how people feel they have to justify themselves if they can't be bothered to go for one reason or another?

If your going great, if not its so what! Not why not?

Yes myself but only because I'm using up my season ticket and fancy a beer in the sun.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I wonder, if season tickets didn't exist, how many people would put their hands in their pockets and go tonight?

In spite of the weather I doubt it would be more than 10,000, maybe less.

But because of STHs the club will be able to announce sales of perhaps 12,000 more than that. That's a quarter of a million extra pounds in one game, without allowing for merchandise and food/drink sales. If STH retention, using every last one of the methods available, isn't an absolute priority, then Tony Bloom ought to be asking for the key to the P45 cupboard.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
I wonder, if season tickets didn't exist, how many people would put their hands in their pockets and go tonight?

But because of STHs the club will be able to announce sales of perhaps 12,000 more than that. That's a quarter of a million extra pounds in one game, without allowing for merchandise and food/drink sales. If STH retention, using every last one of the methods available, isn't an absolute priority, then Tony Bloom ought to be asking for the key to the P45 cupboard.

This although we would probably get 15,000 - 18,000 without STH's if it cost £15 on the gate and you had the option to stand.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I think there's been a noticeable shift in focus of late, with far more attention being paid to those who do come (or, who pay to come anyway) rather than those who do not.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Assuming your 21000 figure is accurate... it's more like 3500.

No you take the % of sth's so 28 out of 181 is 15.46% x 21000 = £ 3248 no shows, however I have factored in a NSC " Uber Fan " upgrade meaning more sth's from here are likely to be loyal, with this upgrade to the overall non shows of sth's tonight, I have calculated 4586 sth's will not turn up, I have also factored virtually no extra sales, 400 and 500 Huddersfield Town fans to arrive at the actual gate tonight of 17314

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
For the first time ever I've passed on going to a home game when I could have gone. Fed up of this season and just didn't fancy it at all (much like Leon Best). Fully expecting a 5-0 home win and best performance of the season now!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
No you take the % of sth's so 28 out of 181 is 15.46% x 21000 = £ 3248 no shows, however I have factored in a NSC " Uber Fan " upgrade meaning more sth's from here are likely to be loyal, with this upgrade to the overall non shows of sth's tonight, I have calculated 4586 sth's will not turn up, I have also factored virtually no extra sales, 400 and 500 Huddersfield Town fans to arrive at the actual gate tonight of 17314

Utter tripe. If anything, NSC's spotty internet nerds who can vote on this sort of nonsense during the day are MORE likely to wimp out than those who are out at work earning an honest crust.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
No, stuck in sheffield after work so will sit in the Brentford end at Hillsborough........gutted, well not that much. Get to go and watch the biggest club in the world get stuffed.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven

Fantastic mathematics. I love it!
My wife has 21 pairs of shoes of which I've only ever witnessed her wearing 4 of these (pairs not odd shoes)
We have been together 6 years and must of had 15 pairs when we met...
She's seems to throw out a pair a month too!
How many pairs of shoes will my wife accumulate before I die?
I need to both budget and provide adequate wardrobe space to accommodate this necessary basic female need.?
In case relevant to your calculations, I'm 39 and my wife is 29.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fantastic mathematics. I love it!
My wife has 21 pairs of shoes of which I've only ever witnessed her wearing 4 of these (pairs not odd shoes)
We have been together 6 years and must of had 15 pairs when we met...
She's seems to throw out a pair a month too!
How many pairs of shoes will my wife accumulate before I die?
I need to both budget and provide adequate wardrobe space to accommodate this necessary basic female need.?
In case relevant to your calculations, I'm 39 and my wife is 29.

It is 474

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I saw in Palaces websites they call it the Mansex. Had to laugh even though I am a Brighton fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here