Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you going to Rome? + ticket allocation / purchase discussion!

Are you going to Rome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
me too, was hoping my Irish passport (Brexit+living in EU+Irish forebears = get a passport) would allow me to sneak into the home end - I know it says born in UK, but I figured they are less likely to check if you have a non-uk passport.
At 3pm we should know whether us 1+ers will have a ticket in the away end - If they are sold out, off to the Roma Site where tickets are on sale 4pm (3pm uk) - if there are still tickets available for 1+ers, I will have to hold my nerve.
If I end up in the home end, I'm hoping I can get a ticket right next to you guys like in AEK, rather than the other side of the stadium, as at Ajax. Those tickets are steep EUR 84, so I'm hoping they will still be available - but still cheaper than Athens.
For the AEK away march a load of fans got VIP area type tickets in a dedicated block just by writing directly to the club and asking. Is that worth a try now in advance?

Also, if there's going to be circa 1500 unsold seats in the away end and all unallocated, if you could get tickets in adjoining home block, there may be a chance of being reunited in the ground by approaching a steward?

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
"For 1901 members, we will additionally need to collect the full name, date of birth, and email address of the supporter attending. Please ensure this information is to hand when purchasing."

Does this mean 1901 members can buy for anyone?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
"For 1901 members, we will additionally need to collect the full name, date of birth, and email address of the supporter attending. Please ensure this information is to hand when purchasing."

Yes, as usual, if their 1901 pass has enough loyalty points

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Yes - this has always been the case.

But the 1901er's position to buy is the same as any other fan, ie they'll need 268 points to be in tier 1 for Roma.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

It also means many of the tickets are in the name of a registered company rather than an individual.

POP_TONEZ

Feb 23, 2024
London
me too, was hoping my Irish passport (Brexit+living in EU+Irish forebears = get a passport) would allow me to sneak into the home end - I know it says born in UK, but I figured they are less likely to check if you have a non-uk passport.
At 3pm we should know whether us 1+ers will have a ticket in the away end - If they are sold out, off to the Roma Site where tickets are on sale 4pm (3pm uk) - if there are still tickets available for 1+ers, I will have to hold my nerve.
If I end up in the home end, I'm hoping I can get a ticket right next to you guys like in AEK, rather than the other side of the stadium, as at Ajax. Those tickets are steep EUR 84, so I'm hoping they will still be available - but still cheaper than Athens.
I have all me flights n that anyways I think I'd be more than happy to just watch it on the telly in Rome at a bar, prefer that to secret undercover support.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
As an Canadian Albion+ member who's only been to a few matches, I've thought about doing this too, but the whole point to me was attending the match with other Albion fans. Unless we non-UK nationals were to coordinate our home ticket purchases in the same section/rows..?

Is that a thought? Would that interest any other non-UK fans on this board? Give us a shout, might be worth a try.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Yes - this has always been the case.

But the 1901er's position to buy is the same as any other fan, ie they'll need 268 points to be in tier 1 for Roma.
Thanks for the clarification.

I've booked flights and hotel with my brother but we're MA+ members so rolling the dice on a match ticket.

I "might" know 1901 members who aren't going so worth an ask.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
As an Canadian Albion+ member who's only been to a few matches, I've thought about doing this too, but the whole point to me was attending the match with other Albion fans. Unless we non-UK nationals were to coordinate our home ticket purchases in the same section/rows..?

Is that a thought? Would that interest any other non-UK fans on this board? Give us a shout, might be worth a try.

That's a bad idea - If you're planning on going in the home end you want to go as "under cover" as possible - doubt it would be pretty if you were discovered to be an Albion fan, a larger group will make it obvious

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
How much will flights be for those having to wait until tomorrw to see if they have a ticket and will there be any flights

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
As it's unallocated seating, could all you tall bastards please leave the front row for us midgets & those who can't stand please :lol:

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Anyone know if we will have to add passport number when buying ticket as we did for Athens

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Anyone know if we will have to add passport number when buying ticket as we did for Athens
It just says country of birth on the website, although the email just received says date of birth will also be printed on the ticket.

Which is a bit embarrassing!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How much will flights be for those having to wait until tomorrw to see if they have a ticket and will there be any flights
There will 'be flights'. It just depends how much you are prepared to spend, how much time you have available, and how much of a travel adventure you are up for.

If you mean, 'Are there any reasonably priced flights from Gatwick to Rome, flying out Weds and back Fri'? then its a very definite NO, THERE WILL BE NO FLIGHTS.

If you mean, 'Can I get to the game for five hundred pounds plus, if I'm prepare to take four days off work, be in her bad books for a month, travel via Helsinki, take a nine hour Flix bus ride across Italy, or sleep on an airport floor'?, then YES, THERE WILL BE FLIGHTS :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here