Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are YOU falling out of love with Roberto De Zerbi?

Are YOU falling out of love with Roberto De Zerbi?

• Yep, the flame is waning

• No, I've still got the hots for RDZ

• I was never in love in the first place

Results are only viewable after voting.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Nobody had ever heard of the bloke before we gave him a job in the ‘best league in the world’ and all he does is moan, complain and say I don’t know if I can stay etc etc.

I was going to use rude words but I’m just going to say I don’t care if he goes, I really do not care…

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Been bit of a rollercoaster for me. Didnt like him at first solely because I have a problem with men in their 40s who shove grease in their hair to look like I did in 3rd grade. I´d even rather have a baldie. Maybe not a redhead there needs to be some reason. But then I was engulfed in the football and fell in love with Roberto like everyone else.
Petty disputes with key players, saying "were not Barca or Real Madrid" when losing against Charlton saying our players deserve better clubs and then moaning endlessly about selling them, not really winning any games or scoring any goals or seeing much improvement of any kind just slowly getting worse each month for about a year now only exception the start of this season. What is there to love really
What is there to love? He’s one of the best, and most passionate, managers in our history! Get a sense of perspective for fucks sake. It makes me mad!

Petty disputes with key players? Do you mean dropping proven wankers Trossard and Sanchez? Also, literally every Manager has had fallings out with players at some point. It's part of the job! Not winning any games? We're tenth in the f***ing Premier leauge!!!!!! We topped the group of death!!!!! Getting worse every month? Our injuries have increasingly decimated the squad as the seasons progressed.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m now not convinced we can’t do better in our next appointment having first believed he was ‘da maaaan.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’ve never got too worked up about what managers say in press conferences. I’ll leave whether he’s offended Tony or not to Tony, I’m pretty sure he has a handle on things.

With flair, passion and a sprinkle of genius comes a bit of volatility. As fans just got to roll with it a bit. We are an exceptionally precious fan base as this thread proves.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think he’s underachieved - he had the squad - even with the injuries - to convert some of those 11 draws to wins . If he had so - we’d be a win or two away from Europe part 2.
He’s not on the pitch, half the problem is we haven’t invested in strikers we signed Welbeck to fill a hole and he’s now leading the line he’s just not going to score the goals needed. We are a club that doesn’t believe in buying players just because they are better than what we have.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
What is there to love? He’s one of the best, and most passionate, managers in our history! Get a sense of perspective for fucks sake. It makes me mad!

Petty disputes with key players? Do you mean dropping proven wankers Trossard and Sanchez? Also, literally every Manager has had fallings out with players at some point. It's part of the job! Not winning any games? We're tenth in the f***ing Premier leauge!!!!!! We topped the group of death!!!!! Getting worse every month? Our injuries have increasingly decimated the squad as the seasons progressed.
Get off the fence man!

Mar 4, 2024
Love to see the response to this thread last news years eve.
Only 3 difficult months on from some great European nights, and positive start to season.
The mantra is. If it works, stay as you are, if it doesn't, get rid. If your not sure ?? Stay as you are.
Anyway, looking forward to rain on Villa's parade. Beat the Citeh, Chelsea, and the toon

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Yes, until I see his spiky hair and beardy little face then I am like
In Love Hearts GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

if he leaves I want him to go abroad so I don’t have to endure the pain of rejection.

my husband will be happy if he leaves mind 😄

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Third option for me if only because I don't fall in love with any manager; they are all more like ships bobbing with the waves than people seem to realise; a cog in the wheel. Funds, transfers, injuries and serendipity all play a part; only managers who can exert a wider influence through other people around them (think Emery and Guardiola) really make THE difference, and they are reliant on owners staying well out of it.

RDZ got lucky with the squad he inherited (one that took 29 points from its previous 14 PL games, an achievement he was never near). The only tests you can fairly give is whether a coach: a) makes the whole larger than the sum of the parts; b) improves players. IMO RDZ fails on first test, has limited impact on second but equally several players have gone backwards this season (maybe not his fault, but he hasn't managed to salvage it).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Third option for me if only because I don't fall in love with any manager; they are all more like ships bobbing with the waves than people seem to realise; a cog in the wheel. Funds, transfers, injuries and serendipity all play a part; only managers who can exert a wider influence through other people around them (think Emery and Guardiola) really make THE difference, and they are reliant on owners staying well out of it.

RDZ got lucky with the squad he inherited (one that took 29 points from its previous 14 PL games, an achievement he was never near). The only tests you can fairly give is whether a coach: a) makes the whole larger than the sum of the parts; b) improves players. IMO RDZ fails on first test, has limited impact on second but equally several players have gone backwards this season (maybe not his fault, but he hasn't managed to salvage it).

Airbrushing out:
- incredible football from Oct 22 to Sept 23.
- Steele, Dunk, MacAllister, Caicideo, Enciso, JPVH, Colwill, Verbruggen, Solly, Mitoma and Hinshelwood all improved under RDZ. Solly a great example, he finally believed in himself.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
He needs to realize what a great job he has and to push on for next season.If that's not his goal,then f*** off.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Love him, and I don't mind him answering questions at press conferences honestly. The problem is we are used to thinking a man in his position would/should be more guarded, and so when he grumbles a bit we think it must be serious for him to say so publicly. I think he is just more open than we are used to.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Airbrushing out:
- incredible football from Oct 22 to Sept 23.
- Steele, Dunk, MacAllister, Caicideo, Enciso, JPVH, Colwill, Verbruggen, Solly, Mitoma and Hinshelwood all improved under RDZ. Solly a great example, he finally believed in himself.
Also airbrushes out the fact that under RDZ at the end of last season and the start of this one we took 28 points in 14 games (6-0 win over Wolves to the 3-1 win over Bournemouth). I think that’s getting bloody damn close to 29 points in 14 games (although i’m also pretty certain Potter actually got us 30 points in those 14 games).

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
I think he’s underachieved - he had the squad - even with the injuries - to convert some of those 11 draws to wins . If he had so - we’d be a win or two away from Europe part 2.
The Summer window gutted the squad. Two world class midfielders were sold and replaced with cheap dross and a kid who is nowhere near ready. We refused to sign any depth at fullback, which caused massive issues early on in the season. We lost all our wingers to injury at the same time. We entered the January window with these issues and did nothing to help RDZ overcome them. We actually weakened the midfield further and loaned out Sarmiento instead of keeping him as a wide option.

I know you're a certified club licker. I think rather than criticise Bloom or Barber for anything you've deluded yourself into thinking we have a top ten squad and RDZ is to blame for not getting Europe. We've actually overperfomed, especially when you consider the extra European games. Our options are shit when compared to Newcastle or West Ham. Let alone Chelsea, United or Spurs.

How anybody can look at Roberto being sent into battle with a wooden spoon and criticise him for being a bit peeved off is beyond me. The missed opportunities of this season lay at the feet of the board not the manager!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here