Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you expecting us to sign the strikers we need by the time the window slams shut?

Are you expecting us to have signed the strikers we need by the time the window shuts

• Total voters

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Other than...

2015-16 Hened, fires Albion to 89 points just missing out on promotion on goal difference.

2016-17 Murray does fire Albion to promotion.

...presumably?

I know what you are saying, but every year we seem to try to bring on board additional strikers, but do not manage to for whatever reason.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I'm a firm believer in the club not being stupid enough to not get some firepower in, especially with Baldock & Murray on unknown return dates and even Stevie Wonder able to see Hemed is not a premiership goalscorer, it would be very very foolish of the club to not get somebody in thus ending our season tomorrow, but like I say, I believe they are not stupid enough to let that happen and have every faith at least one striker deal will happen.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Of course they count and I am not disputing that we have brought on board strikers who have served us well. I am saying that we do not appear to have much success at signing our full quota of targets/back ups. Strikers just appear to be a difficult area for us. Every year for the last four or five we seem to have had this debate.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
So bringing in Murray last year and Hemed the year before don't count?

But you have to factor in the style we were playing last two years, and the quality of the opposition.

Murray was great last season. But then we were playing two up top and quality wingers both sides delivering the ammunition.

I fear that neither are suited to playing in a "park the bus" system that we have seen so far this season. They don't have the pace at PL level playing as an isolated, lone striker.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
18 hours since this poll was launched, no improvement in the situation.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Think we may get a loan in, other than that an unknown panic-buy maybe.
Still hopeful we can phoenix this s**t! Otherwise it's a shame this window hasn't quite gone to plan and we'll only have ourselves to blame.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I've long been of the belief that we deliberately don't target proven strikers because they are overvalued in terms of the return they provide, and instead heavily target our resources on defenders and midfielders where you get more return for your investment. If this is the case then it is heavily justified considering our performance these last couple of seasons .

We need strikers but aren't devoting most of our budget towards it this summer, but as a premier league side we will have no problem getting somebody. Who that may be I have no idea, but fully expect something to happen. Zohore would perhaps have happened if Cardiff hadn't started the season 5 and 0, Dwamena excited me and its sad what happened there, Niasse sounds like its 50-50 but definite interest. All three appear to be very similar-type players, so wonder who else might be on the radar?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But you have to factor in the style we were playing last two years, and the quality of the opposition.

Murray was great last season. But then we were playing two up top and quality wingers both sides delivering the ammunition.

I fear that neither are suited to playing in a "park the bus" system that we have seen so far this season. They don't have the pace at PL level playing as an isolated, lone striker.

Well they're not the answer to a park the bus, counter attacking team. Great Championsip strikers for us, but the PL is a couple of notches above (borne out be three clean sheets out of three against us) and GM/TH aren't now mobile with both lacking pace. Even the Telegraph transfer section yesterday stated we need strikers with pace for our PL counter attacking tactics.

Praising the historical signings of strikers, is a complete irrelevance as to how the Albion are going to score to win PL football matchs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here