are you entitled to have your say?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

do you feel you have the right to voice your displeasure at the match?

• yes, i've paid well over the odds so i am entitled to say what i feel

Votes: 32 97.0%
  • no, we don't want to upset the happy clappers do we

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

GDC

In A Checked Shirt
Nov 7, 2006
On A Train
as a season ticket holder or someone who has paid £23+ to watch the shit that keeps getting served up at withdean league game after league game do you feel you have the right to stand up during the game and voice your displeasure or should you just follow allong with the current embarrassing happy clapping mentality at the albion and sit in silence knowing you've wasted your money on the crap you have just witnessed?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Of course, if people weren't allowed to have an opinion, Magoo would still be manager!

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
It's not a case of it being a right. When we're having a bad season, especially if I have maybe had a drink or two pre-match, the frustration takes over and I find myself on my feet shouting something, or other. It's not a concious decision.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't boo, didn't clap just left. The performance wasn't bad it was just clueless as the team have no cohesion as an attacking unit and if Murray does go in the transfer window I reckon we'll get relegated.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
The way i look at all of this is if you go to a shop and buy something and it is not suitable or faulty you take it back for a refund - if you go to a restaurant and have a meal and you don't like it you send it back with a complaint and either get another meal or your money back - Now some fans i know struggle to pay for season ticket or tickets for matches and if it is continually bad then they are fully entitled to their opinion

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes we are entitled to have an opinion but where can we voice this opinion other than by showing it at the matches which is frowned upon by 'the club can do no wrong' types or on the phone in ..........oh sorry that is not on now.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
still amazes me that there is a modern day phenomenon amoungst fans that if a team is playing badly, instead of trying to encourage them and inspire them to perform better, they could rather hurl abuse and try to undermine their confidence instead, which is very counter productive imo

I think that this is due to jeolosy about the reports of some top players wages in newspaper articles, they then assume that our players are on very high wages too, and therefore expect far more than the players can / are able to give, meaning that the moaners will never be happy.

If things are not going well try getting behind the team and cheer them on rather than just sitting there and complain, - remember that a cheering crowd can act as a 12th man, yet at Withdean, our moaning fans are effectively giving that extra man to the opposition !!!

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
still amazes me that there is a modern day phenomenon amoungst fans that if a team is playing badly, instead of trying to encourage them and inspire them to perform better, they could rather hurl abuse and try to undermine their confidence instead, which is very counter productive imo

I think that this is due to jeolosy about the reports of some top players wages in newspaper articles, they then assume that our players are on very high wages too, and therefore expect far more than the players can / are able to give, meaning that the moaners will never be happy.

If things are not going well try getting behind the team and cheer them on rather than just sitting there and complain, - remember that a cheering crowd can act as a 12th man, yet at Withdean, our moaning fans are effectively giving that extra man to the opposition !!!

Hallelujah - Someone who feels the same as I do.
Top post Mr Fawkes:thumbsup:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Yes you can boo.

What you CANNOT do, however, is when on a tight schedule 300 miles from home, slip out quietly with seconds remaining having sung your heart out for 90 minutes. That makes you a bad fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports