Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are you currently dealing with anyone in your day to day life that

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I was owed some money by someone I was doing bits of work with. Genuine enough and always updated me that he’d pay when he could. However, it was when I met a friend of his who said it’s not that he won’t pay you, it’s just where you are in the list of people he owes, if I were you I get to the front of that queue.

So I started a small claims case and he paid day of the deadline prior to a hearing including cost of starting the claim. Suffice to say the claim put me at the head of the queue. This was after many letters, conversations etc before resorting to legals.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
cheers lads ....all pretty much what my head and heart are telling me , never been caught out like this before , the guy has just flat out lied to my face , it's a pretty shitty feeling i have to say.

Is the guy's name Mat by any chance ?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
he only owes me 3 k , my cabinet maker 22k and a few of my other guys a total of about 15 k but he owes others all over the place probably a total of @60K so i feel a bit responsible for bringing these guys in when this eejit has basically been trading insolvent for 6 months.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
he only owes me 3 k , my cabinet maker 22k and a few of my other guys a total of about 15 k but he owes others all over the place probably a total of @60K so i feel a bit responsible for bringing these guys in when this eejit has basically been trading insolvent for 6 months.

I can almost guarantee you he won’t even be thinking about your 3k. He will barely consider that a debt.

I had some dealings with a thieving liar a few years back. Owed me 2.5k. I eventually got 2k of it back by sending collectors after him. He owed tens of thousands all over town. He owed to a few people in our group of friends.

Mainly taking deposits for work and not doing the job. He considered my 2.5k to be pocket change that he never really had to pay back. We pursuaded him otherwise. Not trying to be a hard man but the money was out of an inheritance and I was damned if I was letting that ******* walk away with it.

He left Brighton and set himself up in Amsterdam. He continues to con people out of money. There was actually something about him in the Daily Mail a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here