Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we under the radar ?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If Leeds, Wolves, Villa or Everton were producing like we have been over the last 12-15 games then the pundits would be going crazy about them. We have no history of premier League pedigree so nobody is interested in us

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
On or off radar off I dont know but see Paddypower giving odds of 50-1 for us to get relegated. Considering we were 8/9- 1 start of season this is incredible odds.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
I have always preferred to excel in the shadows as it were. Let pundits, other teams fans, etc underestimate us. We know how good we have been and I think there is still more to come from this team.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don’t mind Everton, Villa and West Ham getting greater publicity, way in excess of their deeds on the pitch. Having hacks who support them might add to the hype.

A classic yesterday was Everton and Gordon getting lots of praise all evening on tv/radio for their performance at Brentford. Crikey, they’ve spent 3x as much and were outplayed.

I’m fine with us being under the radar. We keep surprising complacent others, already this season Ten Hag, Howe, Moyes (yet again) and Marsch.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Whilst we arediscussing pundits, Motd etc. Why does Alan Shearer not like us?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
After Manure got beaten by Brentford there was a comment on MOTD by Ian Wright that Man U weren't going to improve until they sorted out their player recruitment. He then said they needed to be a lot more like Liverpool or Brighton! We are slowly getting recognition.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
After Manure got beaten by Brentford there was a comment on MOTD by Ian Wright that Man U weren't going to improve until they sorted out their player recruitment. He then said they needed to be a lot more like Liverpool or Brighton! We are slowly getting recognition.

Oddly enough, Wrighty loves us and the way we play
Must remind him of the old Arsenal and their style.

Watching MOTD2 last night and the round up of the games, I'm sure ours was the shortest, literally showed the goal and that's it.

It's going to be that way until we get a 'pedigree'. Forrest is a lot like Leeds and Wolves were. Newcastle too. Past 'giants' come good so they get a lot of love in.

At the end of the day, IDGAF, I'm loving what we are doing and if others want to ignore it, not my problem.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Teams like Leeds will always think they belong, and it rubs off on pundits too, most of whom know feck all about anyone outside 5-6 teams as others said. 16 years of the 22 this century spent outside the PL and you only had to see the entitlement amongst their fans last Saturday. Even defeat, which is standard against us, and they think it’s a shock result. Nope, we could win it and pundits would revert to type just as they’ve already done with Leicester. The biggest problem is a) Bosman b) nationalisation of some clubs, meaning a successful smaller team is practically dismantled if it does win something or even do well. When Potter gets an approach in next few months, we’ll be in same boat. You can only survive so many torpedoes before inevitably sinking!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If Leeds, Wolves, Villa or Everton were producing like we have been over the last 12-15 games then the pundits would be going crazy about them. We have no history of premier League pedigree so nobody is interested in us

This. Although even 5 seasons doesn’t get you any acclaim either.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Proper fan's of other clubs know and have done for a while. When Potter was booed at the end of the Leeds game last year I had a Man C fan get in touch to tell me it was out of order.

It's what happens when a club basically starts again with a blank sheet of paper like we did going to Gillingham and goes about it the right way. One of the first things Dick Knight did was sort out the youth development and that has been built on over the last 25 years. Eventually this extended into scouting and recruitment as the club remembered what happened when trying to buy success in the 80s so we look for players who might be two years away from being ready.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
17 of our 38 matches in the promotion season were on television. It's because we were serious candidates. It will increase here, as will the chatter, if Albion stay good.

At the moment there is just a quiet admiration.

It really doesn't matter, and is expected. Albion are not an established name.

I don't know why folk get hung up about it though. The one cub I don't bother reading about much is us. I know all about Albion anyway.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Proper fan's of other clubs know and have done for a while. When Potter was booed at the end of the Leeds game last year I had a Man C fan get in touch to tell me it was out of order.

It's what happens when a club basically starts again with a blank sheet of paper like we did going to Gillingham and goes about it the right way. One of the first things Dick Knight did was sort out the youth development and that has been built on over the last 25 years. Eventually this extended into scouting and recruitment as the club remembered what happened when trying to buy success in the 80s so we look for players who might be two years away from being ready.
Potter wasn't booed

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Wouldn’t have even been a thing had the game not been televised.

Quite a lot of the Villa talk online seems to suggest we don’t deserve potter because a handful of fans booed the performance (not him personally) last season in one game, the irony of course seems to be lost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Under the radar since it was only 15 games ago everyone wanted potter sacked and club record loss streak. Can easily change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here