Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we the best team in the division?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Hm. In the press conference for the papers he said we were ONE of the best teams.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Huddersfield looked very average tonight, I thought 1-0 flattered them. We are 1 of the best teams in the division but clearly have our weak spots which a better team would probably take advantage of.

I'd be shocked if they finish top 6

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Kind of reminds me of the Bill Shankly quote: "The best two teams on Merseyside are Liverpool and Liverpool reserves."

(Incidentally, my favourite Shankly quote is still, "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing.")

How true.

You only need one player to play a piano. Sorry but that quote makes no sense.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Just saw the Huddersfield manager on sky sports news post match saying he can take positives from the game for they were able to compete with the best team in the division.

Do you think we are the best team?

No sadly we are not. But if people wish to delude themselves and believe we are, then good luck to them.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Huddersfield looked very average tonight, I thought 1-0 flattered them. We are 1 of the best teams in the division but clearly have our weak spots which a better team would probably take advantage of.

I'd be shocked if they finish top 6

Momentum can take you a long way, if they can bounce back from this loss I don't see why they can't be in the top 6.

Those outside were nothing special last season and Derby appear to be in a bit of a mess.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Hm. In the press conference for the papers he said we were ONE of the best teams.

I think thats what he meant to say for Sky but it came out as " team "
In the months ahead, three teams will dominate this division....Newcastle, Sheff Wed and BHA but Toon will win it by 8-10 points. I'm worried that Wed have more firepower than us but time will tell.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Just saw the Huddersfield manager on sky sports news post match saying he can take positives from the game for they were able to compete with the best team in the division.

I saw this and i think he said or either meant to say "best teams in the division"

As they've now played Villa, Newcastle, us and cough, Barnsley.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Kind of reminds me of the Bill Shankly quote: "The best two teams on Merseyside are Liverpool and Liverpool reserves."

(Incidentally, my favourite Shankly quote is still, "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing.")

How true.
Surely you'd only want one pianist, the other two would get in the way?

:)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Simply the answer is NO....

Sound bites for Huddersfield fans to soften the blow for their first defeat of many.

Although they might smell a rat when he trots the same excuse for Blackburn Rovers.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's the sort of freak goal that Burnley or Boro would have scored last season. There is a long way to go this season. Win at Burton which isn't going to be easy followed by a win at home game will see us right back up there.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You only need one player to play a piano. Sorry but that quote makes no sense.
To be fair, if Shankly had been around at the same time as Le Tissier carrying his shite Southampton side for a decade, he'd probably have been quoted as saying you only need one man to play it rather than three!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
We were the best team left in the division last season. I think Newcastle will walk it this year, they just have so much quality. If we can be 2nd best come May I'm more than happy!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No. We might have been last season, if that helps.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't think there is a best team in the league. It's all going to be very tight.

And look at it this way. You're manager and your team has just lost to the team that finished 3rd last year. It's easy to say "we lost to the best team in the league." Nice little side swerve.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We were relegation fodder last week. Can you make your minds up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here