Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we, on one level, enjoying all this?

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
I was outside my house yesterday evening & this kiddy called Lee walked past , wearing a Man Utd shirt. "Alright Simon?" he said. Now usually I'd have a chat with him but with all the Coppell shit going round in my head & he's wearing his fcuking Man U top I just blanked him.
Then it occurred to me that all these kids (and adults) who pick a top prem team to support, THEY DON'T GET ANY OF OUR SHIT DO THEY?
So Man U sell Beckham, it's not a problem because guarunteed there'll be a coachload of pricey new internationals on the way any minute.
So Chelsea's boss may get the boot. Yeah right, to be replaced by someone even better no doubt.
So Arsenal need a new ground. It's not as if Highbury is an embarassment is it?
GET TO THE POINT SWAGBAG.....well, the point is that I'm really enjoying this rolling soap opera that is supporting BHAFC. I'm FEELING it, there's no detachment like there would be if I followed a team on the telly. We are involved emotionally, financially to an extent. And as supporters it's bonding us. You see someone wearing an Albion shirt in the street today & you know how they're feeling because you're feeling it too, and today you know exactly WHY they're wearing it.
Through all the years of hurt, the ups & the downs my love of the Albion is stronger than ever. It'll never diminish.

Brighton 'til I die
I'm Brighton 'til I die
I know I am I'm sure I am
I'm Brighton 'til I die.:albion:

So, has anyone else taken a step back & realised that all this high drama is just a typical episode in our favourite soap opera that is BHAFC & that on one level we're kind of enjoying it. Think back to Tuesday, then yesterday. Great isn't it????

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
simon swagbag said:
I was outside my house yesterday evening & this kiddy called Lee walked past , wearing a Man Utd shirt. "Alright Simon?" he said. Now usually I'd have a chat with him but with all the Coppell shit going round in my head & he's wearing his fcuking Man U top I just blanked him.
Then it occurred to me that all these kids (and adults) who pick a top prem team to support, THEY DON'T GET ANY OF OUR SHIT DO THEY?
So Man U sell Beckham, it's not a problem because guarunteed there'll be a coachload of pricey new internationals on the way any minute.
So Chelsea's boss may get the boot. Yeah right, to be replaced by someone even better no doubt.
So Arsenal need a new ground. It's not as if Highbury is an embarassment is it?
GET TO THE POINT SWAGBAG.....well, the point is that I'm really enjoying this rolling soap opera that is supporting BHAFC. I'm FEELING it, there's no detachment like there would be if I followed a team on the telly. We are involved emotionally, financially to an extent. And as supporters it's bonding us. You see someone wearing an Albion shirt in the street today & you know how they're feeling because you're feeling it too, and today you know exactly WHY they're wearing it.
Through all the years of hurt, the ups & the downs my love of the Albion is stronger than ever. It'll never diminish.

Brighton 'til I die
I'm Brighton 'til I die
I know I am I'm sure I am
I'm Brighton 'til I die.:albion:

So, has anyone else taken a step back & realised that all this high drama is just a typical episode in our favourite soap opera that is BHAFC & that on one level we're kind of enjoying it. Think back to Tuesday, then yesterday. Great isn't it????

good on ya fella :clap: :clap:

Though I do disagree with United wont miss Beckham, I think Wednesday showed that they did !!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
ITs like we are the albrt square of football. Everything that can happen to a football club always seems to happen to ours.

Thats what make our fans so great and so passionate cause whatever the situation another club is in, we've been there done that.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Know what you mean.
I think the highs and lows of yesterday was one of the best days ever on here, all be it for the wrong reasons.
We have something the glory hunters will never have tho, a real sense of being part of a footballing community.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
tinx said:
ITs like we are the albrt square of football. Everything that can happen to a football club always seems to happen to ours.

It could be worse we could be Leeds :D

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'll keep taking the tablets

Extreme high on Tuesday night/Wed morning to almost depths of despair yesterday

Can my heart stand any more?????

It has to, I can't desert my Albion if I tried :love: :bhasign:

:albion:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
My coffee consumption yesterday was of record proportions....:lol: My cider intake last night to counteract the effects of the coffee intake was rather large as well...:blush: My head hurts today and I blame Reading - not Brighton....

going to take a lot more than that to lose me as a fan...I haven't been around that long...but I'm here to stay...:bhasign:

I had this discussion with a mate recently.

When you say you support Brighton to someone, it can often invoke a stifled laugh, a snied comment or even a look of pity. Some people just dont understand.

Brighton is MY club, a million times more than Liverpool or Chelsea could be to any supporter who doesnt go to games.

When I didnt live in Sussex it sort of made me individual. no one else where i lived as a teenager supported Brighton, or even supported any lower division team come to think of it. I was sort of making a stand, and I enjoyed the feeling. I know that in years to come those people will think of me whenever they hear of Brighton and Hove Albion - and i kinda like that.

What these people don't get is that i feel so lucky to be an Albion fan, whatever the weather. That will never change, and its something that these glory supporting fools will never comprehend.....

God Bless my Brighton.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh what I wouldn't give for a season of mid-table mediocrity in Division 1. 15-20,000 at Falmer every week, moaning because we could only draw with Leeds, speculation on NSC that Jake Robinson is off to Liverpool/Man U/Chelsea/Barcelona etc etc, 5th Round exit from the FA Cup (unlucky defeat at Arsenal). I crave that sort of 'boredom'. No, at the moment I don't think it's great being a Brighton fan - but I know what you mean!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
These are turbulent times for the Albion, and there is no question the experiences of the past 6 years have forged a bond between fans, chairman and players.

It's like being on a rollercoaster where the managers hop off after one go because they can't hack it, whereas the rest of us stay on for the whole day strapped into our seats.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I do enjoy the ups and downs of supporting the Albion, but on this one I am sick and tired of losing our managers.

In just about the most successful period I can remember, we look like being about to appoint our 5th manager in 3 years.

I didn't think success would bring this.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Brovian said:
Oh what I wouldn't give for a season of mid-table mediocrity in Division 1. 15-20,000 at Falmer every week, moaning because we could only draw with Leeds, speculation on NSC that Jake Robinson is off to Liverpool/Man U/Chelsea/Barcelona etc etc, 5th Round exit from the FA Cup (unlucky defeat at Arsenal). I crave that sort of 'boredom'. No, at the moment I don't think it's great being a Brighton fan - but I know what you mean!!

Here Here.Just to sit there,mid-table year in year out.

I genuinely thought Coppell would just lodge in to Div1 and bide his time till the ground came.:cry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here