Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we more likely to be promoted or relegated next season?

Are we more likely to be promoted or relegated next season?

• Relegated

Votes: 72 62.1%
  • Promoted

Votes: 44 37.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We can't get promoted. And I think the title is unlikely. I fancy Middlesex or Durham.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I'm all prepared for a dull mid table season watching a load of journey men.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Most likely neither - unless we play like last season in which case it could be a very long 2016.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
You're kidding!? Is that right? Blimey, talk about spanner in the works. :dunce:

Nobody has a clue who we're going to buy in the summer or whether they will be any good or not, but on the basis that last 4 transfer windows have been dpretty ismal the people voting yes must be on some sort of crack
the last 4 transfer windows have been shocking

Dec 15, 2014
Here
At present we are relegation certainties IMO. Let's see what we can do about it during the close season.

If, as suggested on another thread, 15k plus a week is the going rate for a Championship journeyman striker I'm not too sure I even care if we stay in this division.

I would suggest we have very little chance of promotion and are likely to be nearer the bottom than the top come season's end.

Agree with this.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
It is 6 to 1 for us to be relegated but we are unlikely to be promoted. We pay players well but it is a question of getting a right mix and perhaps CH can get us to challenge at the top. He needs a couple of seasons. We do need to be realistic and we cannot afford to pay a striker £40k a week over three years. That would cost £6milllion plus transfer, signing on and agents fees. We need a decent manager to mould a teams without huge expense. That is what TB wants and that is what really good managers do. We pay managers well and we need CH to do his job.

We do not have parachute payments, it is as simple as that and we cannot compete with clubs that do. That is the way of football. We need to support our team, enjoy and surely it is good that our head is a supporter of many years standing. We need to move forward with him.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i think a lot will hinge on Best staying or going......if we sign him up we show a distinct lack of ambition , SURELY TB can see the kind of investment that is needed to challenge at the top of the table......we need at least 4 new players in the starting line up and our current staff should be instructed to go on dietary supplements , stay fit through the off season and harden up a bit if they want to be considered long term , perhaps a dietician at DS level as well as the lads that have come through so far seem to be lightweight...!! imho

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
...We do need to be realistic and we cannot afford to pay a striker £40k a week over three years....

However, you could look at it as

replacing a striker ( CMS ), and a non-playing midfielder ( Kemy ), and a non-playing central defender ( Hughes ), whose combined wages would be around 40K per week...

...with a 40K per week hero striker is not totally out of the question.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
it's obviously way too early to tell.

However, it doesn't matter who we buy, I'd be amazed if our goalless streak at the end of last season didn't affect our confidence or nerve in front of goal at least until we hit a stride. Equally Hughton's tactics seem pretty solid at the back. So, if we can predict anything it's that our goal difference will be fairly close to 0, suggesting neither promotion, nor relegation, nor the storming of the Amex by TV cameras.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We have to be nailed on for relegation.

I can't see Hughton lasting beyond November, and I genuinely won't be surprised if Micky Adams is back managing, after everyone else has turned Toby down.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
At this moment in time with the squad we have now relegation certainties but it is an unfair question as the season does not start now. Even with our abysmal transfer record the squad will be improved but the big question is by how much. My opinion is we will be a slightly above mid table 10ish finish but that is based on nothing more than hope.

The real problem I have is the emphusiasm has been eroded over the last 2 seasons the football has been dull, dull, dull and I need to see some additions to the squad that will light my fire again. I will still be there next season cheering the team on but it would be nice to be able to look forward to some level of entertainment rather than the crap we had to suffer last season.

I am not panicking we have not signed anyone yet but I am wary of the clubs recent transfer record so I can understand the desperation for quick signings, if we have not made progress by the end of June then my sheets may start getting damp.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
So much depends on who we sign but our tactics under Hughton suggest we won't be challengers whoever we get as we are unlikely to have the goal threat needed. This league is so tight that one mistake in any game can be crucial. Every team makes errors at the back. Contenders have the ability to make up for it with more goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here