Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we missing Nooney

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Whilst queuing to get away from The King Power and not moving anywhere after seeing another pedestrian performance got me thinking are we missing Nooney's energy. May not have had a great finish but always added pace!

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I was going to post this tonight but didn't.

We are most definitely missing him OFF the pitch and around the club. The feel good factor and confidence seems to have gone since he went.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Made Cardiffs winner from a cross tonight

Why doesn't that surprise me? Most of the players that Gus has shipped out seem to be doing rather better since they left us. Funny that.

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
Too true we miss him. It's no surprise to see him contributing to Cardiff's success. He's a great provider of chances because he can always beat his opponent which draws other defenders towards him thereby leaving others unmarked. We didn't utilise his skill fully because Gus wouldn't play a target man centre forward so most of his creative work went unrewarded. Not his fault.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
No, I rate Lua Lua more, not that he played either

Noone will go on to have a far more successful career than Lua Lua in my opinion. Less injury prone and doesn't purely rely on pace to beat a defender. The problem with Lua Lua is if he plays against a decent full back he struggles hugely to impact the game. He has always been very reliant on his main trick of push it past the defender on the outside and whip in a cross, if he is forced to come inside on his right foot the ball could end up in the top corner but more realistically the top of the North stand or out for a throw.

Noone's biggest problem was the lack of runners we got into the box, if you only have one target then you have to be absolutely inch perfect. I guarantee his assists with Cardiff will rocket as they will have far more bodies breaking into the penalty area.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
If he did whip a great cross in who would be on the end of it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here