Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we happy about the club giving the rest of the league a potential 5 game head start?

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Those 6pts will more likely than not deprive Albion of the playoffs for sure this season let alone aotomatic promotion.
I think most people who know anything about football at all will understand this.
It's great we are getting there with a squad but it's no where near complete and we still need a 30 + a season goal scorer.
Eh hem Assombalonga !! Oh didn't I mention that months ago.
All these signings are good but could have been done far far sooner than they were.

Like when we lost the first 2 games of last season and ended up 6th?

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
I love a good bump and attempt at humiliation on a Sunday :thumbsup:

Whether you like it or not we effectively did give up those first six points. We had a poor squad with little to no depth and it's taken over half a dozen signings to get us into a position to look like a solid Championship side again. We now have to watch them gel for another month or so getting to know our style of play etc, that will cost us points too and now we've made those signings I'm less worried than I was but I am still disappointed at just how underprepared we were. We gave away 6 points and we will surrender some more due to the situation we placed ourselves in, the difference between you and me is that I won't be bumping this if we miss out on top 2/6 by 6 points :cool:

Actually I bumped it because I've been thinking about it all month, not as an attempt at humiliation. I wondered what par was for us. And I still think it was eight points. That's all.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I'm sure many of you are listening to the fans forum and many of you have heard Bloom say we'll be working until the end of August to improve and won't rush regardless of the season, and Sami has admitted we're not ready as a starting squad for August 9th.

Are we happy with that? Obviously nothing can be done by us, just wondering if that's cool by the fans on NSC?
Go away. We do not need people bringing us down like you.

To me, for us to be underequipped for up to 5 games is fine, but we obviously can't be expecting anything more than mid table mediocrity, I hope someone asks them our aspirations for this season.

Also as a sidenote, Naylor has came under an awful lot of abuse for his tweets and stories about the potential 3 signings, which is understandable because it seemed incredibly sure from him. But it also was as sure a thing from NSC's esteemed leader, and he has came under very little in comparison. So why is it that Naylor has been slated for getting bad info, but Bozza has been mostly sympathised with?
Please go away and depress someone else. Are you good fun at parties?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Charlton are undefeated this season. Yesterday we were clearly the best and dominant side but just didn't get the rub of the green. That's not an excuse it's just things happen like that sometimes. We are IMO making good headway toward being a top six team. I'm happy with everything at the club at present, I've even begun to like Nathan....a bit. :)

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I'm still amazed that everyone talks about this mythical 6 points we've apparently binned from the first 2 games, as if all we had to do was rock up and claim them.

Wednesday have had a decent start too the season, and whilst Brum are undoubtedly poor, you can never get a nailed-on 3 points in ANY away game in this league.

In a 46 game season there's going to be plenty of points we piss up the wall, as well as a fair few we fluke. The arrogance of assuming we "threw away" 6 points in those first two games is ridiculous.

If the squad was fully assembled in July then we'd have had a better chance of getting something, for sure. But not many teams are fully assembled by that stage anyway, and we were not one of them. Deal with it.

There's no room for that sensible rubbish on here. Take it somewhere else please.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If we are looking at 2 points per game, we are now 3 behind the target.

So 1 win short. Not terrible after only 5 games. Win at Brentford and we'll be 1 point down on the target.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'm still amazed that everyone talks about this mythical 6 points we've apparently binned from the first 2 games, as if all we had to do was rock up and claim them.

Wednesday have had a decent start too the season, and whilst Brum are undoubtedly poor, you can never get a nailed-on 3 points in ANY away game in this league.

In a 46 game season there's going to be plenty of points we piss up the wall, as well as a fair few we fluke. The arrogance of assuming we "threw away" 6 points in those first two games is ridiculous.

If the squad was fully assembled in July then we'd have had a better chance of getting something, for sure. But not many teams are fully assembled by that stage anyway, and we were not one of them. Deal with it.

Well said.
The only way our squad would have been fully assembled in July was if the Ulloa and Buckley deals had gone through a lot quicker and that would have meant settling for far less money. That in itself would have created storms of protest on here. You cannot bring in a lot of new players if you haven't got the funds in place. We have probably spent 2.5-3.0 million so far on fees plus all the new salaries.
The majority of these signings had to wait for the Ulloa/Buckley money to come in. The club weren't stalling or dragging their heels. All these were done deals just waiting to be signed off.
These people bemoaning the loss of six potential points clearly aren't studying the bigger picture. What about us catching Leeds and Bolton at their lowest possible ebbs? Surely they were bonus points against clubs who normally make us work hard for points. There are so many form swings in a season and a lot of luck involved in when you actually play teams. We would like to catch Fulham now but have got them twice in a month ( end Nov / end Dec ) when they might be on fire and beat us twice.
As you rightly say...' deal with it '

Would only be bothered if I thought we were making a serious attempt at promotion this season, but I still don't sense that. The recent signings will keep us out of trouble from involvement in bottom half battles and will likely give us some entertainment along the way. Expectations still firmly anchored here

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gotta love The Bedwetters Bible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1 point from 9 does make the Wed :lol: & Brum bed wetting all the more pointless (no pun intended).

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
On the contrary, it is beginning to look as if it might have had a point.

7 Games in and already 8 points off an automatic promotion spot, I think the point has been proven.
Only 2 points from a relegation spot suggests our pre season business and preparation is not ideal.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I'm sure many of you are listening to the fans forum and many of you have heard Bloom say we'll be working until the end of August to improve and won't rush regardless of the season, and Sami has admitted we're not ready as a starting squad for August 9th.

Are we happy with that? Obviously nothing can be done by us, just wondering if that's cool by the fans on NSC?

To me, for us to be underequipped for up to 5 games is fine, but we obviously can't be expecting anything more than mid table mediocrity, I hope someone asks them our aspirations for this season.

Also as a sidenote, Naylor has came under an awful lot of abuse for his tweets and stories about the potential 3 signings, which is understandable because it seemed incredibly sure from him. But it also was as sure a thing from NSC's esteemed leader, and he has came under very little in comparison. So why is it that Naylor has been slated for getting bad info, but Bozza has been mostly sympathised with?

Well Viper, reading through this thread now, you did take some stick and you were correct to be concerned. Even you could not have thought we would be so under equipped at 14 games rather than your 5 and how I would love to be confident at present of that mid table mediocrity you so feared.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can we change the thread to "Are we happy about the club giving the rest of the league a 10 game head start" ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well Viper, reading through this thread now, you did take some stick and you were correct to be concerned. Even you could not have thought we would be so under equipped at 14 games rather than your 5 and how I would love to be confident at present of that mid table mediocrity you so feared.

Arguably, August has been our most successful month so far this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here