Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we cheats?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
So we spend 20 mill in our 2016/17 season. That leaves us 19 mill for our next two. Am I being stupid or are we overspending? Seriously?

We can lose money above the FFP losses limit in a single season.

The FFP losses refer to the playing side of the club and don't include some areas where losses occur (as previous posters have explained to you) so therefore you can lose a figure that's above the FFP limit but still comply with the FFP rules and therefore not "cheat"

This £20m total loss may only include £13m of losses which are eligible for counting under FFP rules meaning we've complied with the rules (something that has also been repeated to you by several posters in this thread)

We would only be cheating like teams such as QPR and Bournemouth did if we were to spend over the FFP limit on things that count towards that FFP limit.

The rules for that have changed for this season and we are now able to lose a much higher figure now in total for losses which count for FFP providing that our 3 year rolling losses stay under the new limit (so we could lose £30m this year in FFP countable losses but providing our losses that count towards FFP for the next 2 years totaled £9m or less we would still comply and not be cheats)

(Anyone else think this poster is just 'fishing')

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We are at the current rate "overspending" though if based on the "last" available set of accounts,and that means we will have to in the future,"do" something to stay compliant....or get promoted of course.

We are not overspending taking into account the losses allowed in FFP. Some losses don't count for FFP which has been explained several times in this thread already.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think it is good when someone apologises in recognising their shortcomings.

A true poster is [MENTION=17215]Sussex Nomad[/MENTION] It's all to easy to get the wires crossed on here.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Please feel free to use this thread in Nov 2017 and say you told me so or actually he wasn't that wrong.

Nuff said.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We are not overspending taking into account the losses allowed in FFP. Some losses don't count for FFP which has been explained several times in this thread already.

Any loss is an over spend when in the context of the bottom line,that is what i was referring too....

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
People on here bang on and on about Leicester, Bournemouth, et al regarding their promotion to the Prem, overspending on FFP. Are we any better?

My original question, I was simply asking those that go on and on and on about Prem cheats and we are hitting the FFP roof. Time to stop calling others cheat when we hit the roof ourselves.

That was all. Have a great weekend.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
My original question, I was simply asking those that go on and on and on about Prem cheats and we are hitting the FFP roof. Time to stop calling others cheat when we hit the roof ourselves.

That was all. Have a great weekend.

You still can't see the difference, can you? They broke the rules. As of now, we haven't. And, if you read the responses to your comments, we almost certainly still haven't. It seems a very odd thread to start, especially when you get annoyed when told you are wrong

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You still can't see the difference, can you? They broke the rules. As of now, we haven't. And, if you read the responses to your comments, we almost certainly still haven't. It seems a very odd thread to start, especially when you get annoyed when told you are wrong

Why are you and a few others so intent on having a bit of an online ruck? I don't get it. So people tell you something and you fall in line and believe it? Archer tried that once.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We can lose money above the FFP losses limit in a single season.

The FFP losses refer to the playing side of the club and don't include some areas where losses occur (as previous posters have explained to you) so therefore you can lose a figure that's above the FFP limit but still comply with the FFP rules and therefore not "cheat"

This £20m total loss may only include £13m of losses which are eligible for counting under FFP rules meaning we've complied with the rules (something that has also been repeated to you by several posters in this thread)

We would only be cheating like teams such as QPR and Bournemouth did if we were to spend over the FFP limit on things that count towards that FFP limit.

The rules for that have changed for this season and we are now able to lose a much higher figure now in total for losses which count for FFP providing that our 3 year rolling losses stay under the new limit (so we could lose £30m this year in FFP countable losses but providing our losses that count towards FFP for the next 2 years totaled £9m or less we would still comply and not be cheats)

(Anyone else think this poster is just 'fishing')

Not fishing and respect your reply.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Why are you and a few others so intent on having a bit of an online ruck? I don't get it. So people tell you something and you fall in line and believe it? Archer tried that once.

I don't get your angle. Why are you so keen to say the club are cheating? It makes no sense. It is absolutely nothing like Archer. The club know what they are doing and the whole losses don't count for FFP.

You are the one who wants an online ruck. People keep giving you facts and you ignore them. Also, if you didn't want an argument, you wouldn't have used the word cheats

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm wondering if an alternative approach may work

BNtNDwRCMAEA3NS.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't get your angle. Why are you so keen to say the club are cheating? It makes no sense. It is absolutely nothing like Archer. The club know what they are doing and the whole losses don't count for FFP.

Ok good question. This forum has seen many, many posts of clubs that cheat in order to go up. Could Bournemouth go up on their capacities and revenue? No. Could QPR do it? No. So their perceived owned sink in millions. They ride the gamble and get there. Bournemouth get a 7 million fine and they're like, there you go FL small fraction of our rewards. We are 20 mill over our budget for whatever it is worth on FFP in 15/16 and if we don't go up we will lose our prize assets of Stephens/Knocky/Dunk. Those that overspend have to gamble, Muffs and QPR did and for at least one of them it was a good gamble. Small clubs going for broke. I see us as a smallish club going for broke and hoping we make it. I don't have a problem with that at all.

My original question and those thereafter were concerned with the cheat threads we have here and asking if we should actually shut up. I know that is to subtle for most neanderthals, but for the concerning reader?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Won't be long before the double ply loo roll at the amex will be replaced by that shiny stuff that slides off your arse , think i'd rather have a 10 point deduction .

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Although we are not, by all accounts contravening FFP rule's, we are still using losses to fund our team and the clubs infrastructure, even if we all accept that those losses are reasonably covered, it's currently not a sustainable business model and it certainly doesnt make us any more 'football moral' than many others.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Ok good question. This forum has seen many, many posts of clubs that cheat in order to go up. Could Bournemouth go up on their capacities and revenue? No. Could QPR do it? No. So their perceived owned sink in millions. They ride the gamble and get there. Bournemouth get a 7 million fine and they're like, there you go FL small fraction of our rewards. We are 20 mill over our budget for whatever it is worth on FFP in 15/16 and if we don't go up we will lose our prize assets of Stephens/Knocky/Dunk. Those that overspend have to gamble, Muffs and QPR did and for at least one of them it was a good gamble. Small clubs going for broke. I see us as a smallish club going for broke and hoping we make it. I don't have a problem with that at all.

My original question and those thereafter were concerned with the cheat threads we have here and asking if we should actually shut up. I know that is to subtle for most neanderthals, but for the concerning reader?

Ok, last post as it is not worth discussing. Firstly, if you want a discussion, don't call people who disagree with you neanderthals.

Secondly, as has been stated by a number of people here, £20 million in losses does not mean that it is £20 million under FFP rules.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Although we are not, by all accounts contravening FFP rule's, we are still using losses to fund our team and the clubs infrastructure, even if we all accept that those losses are reasonably covered, it's currently not a sustainable business model and it certainly doesnt make us any more 'football moral' than many others.

Agree with this that we are both currently and not planning to contravene any FPP rules and are therefor not cheats.

'Football morals' is a bit of a slippery slope though - He was entitled to go down - Taking one for the team etc, not to mention certain chairmen down the years

I like to think that we are currently from top to bottom, one of the most 'moral' clubs in the leagues :angel:

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ok, last post as it is not worth discussing. Firstly, if you want a discussion, don't call people who disagree with you neanderthals.

Secondly, as has been stated by a number of people here, £20 million in losses does not mean that it is £20 million under FFP rules.

I don't think you get it, but that's ok.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Because you're being a stupid tw@t and not taking into that thick head of yours what you've been told .... i.e. you're wrong !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here