Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we cheats?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I read your first post, which was fine.

You then gave a view that FFP was being breached, which again, was possible reasonable, though indicative that you don't know much about FFP.

A number of posters put you right in relation to FFP, but having started to dig the hole, you felt duty bound to dig further, admitting your ignorance but still giving the view that the club was in breach of the rules.

A few again tried to put you right on the matter, and so you chose to ignore them with

My response to 'What I say, we are cheating the FFP' was to state that you are talking complete nonsense, and evidence that with the rules, to which your response was to call me an idiot, and it descended from there.

Everything I said was a 'possibility', I did not once say we were nailed on breaching FFP, I said that if we failed FFP then please stop calling other clubs cheats. I DID not actually say anything against any poster except asked questions until YOU decided to stick your ego into the conversation and call me names. YOU decided to stoke a fire. You and your ego will go a long way on social media fella, but that is as far as it will go. You are a weasel of the first order and I am still awaiting confirmation of my previous trolling, that YOU accused me of in order to get your sheep to have a little dabble. You really are a first class...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They broke the rules, so I will continue to call them cheats along with the rest of the football world.

We have not broken the rules, and we won't. 39M is the accepted figure over 3 seasons, so factor in that around half of our 20M loss figure are actual "FFP losses" and you can start to see that we are almost certainly on track to fall in line with the rules once again.

Moreover, let's say that TB was to, for want of a better term, 'all in' come January and add another 10M to those losses with a striker purchase. We would then be forecasted to break FFP after the 3 year period, but only assuming we would have the same expenditure over the next 2 years which is highly unlikely given that those losses could be comfortably offset with either a) TV money should we get promoted or b) Player sales should we not.

In the current football climate where, as TB has previously mentioned, revenues in our 1st tier are the best in the world and losses in our 2nd tier are the worst, we are simply doing what it required to be able to compete with residual parachute money offered to those that have already broken that divide. The only measure of legitimacy we currently have is falling in line with the rules offered both on and off the pitch. So yes, we are better.

I did actually say that I didn't know when the 39 mill started and that if we weren't promoted and on the back of a 20 mill loss we would only be left with 19 mill over the next two seasons.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This comment is not a 'possibility'

The one following it is just gibberish, so I don't see how you can use it to squirm out.

Keep trying weasel, please show me trolling threads that you have accused me of and told me in a PM I did some 6 years ago. Oresome, truly 'oresome'!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This comment is not a 'possibility'

The one following it is just gibberish, so I don't see how you can use it to squirm out.

And also weasel, please finish the quote 'So basically, what I say, we are cheating the FFP...' please finish the sentence.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What about the full stop at the end of FFP?

If it makes you feel better weasel, but I really have debunked your quote.

Now... trolling threads, please give me links, go on, you know you want to humiliate me.

Just to remind you...
So basically, what I say, we are cheating the FFP. We can't really sit here on our high horses any more and say we did it fairly, assuming we do.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
My opinion is that you are wrong and have been given an adequate explanation of why by El Presidents and others. The Club is not in breach of FFP rules and is not cheating.

I think there is a vague possibility that you are as dumb as your colleague. Click on my name/nic, see my posts and see where I have said we are in breach, I have spoken possibilities and said if we do then please can we stop calling other clubs cheats. I get the feeling between the two of you, you have half the brain cell of a future American President. I could be wrong of course.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just to remind you...

So basically, what I say, we are cheating the FFP. We can't really sit here on our high horses any more and say we did it fairly, assuming we do.

Two full stops, two capital letters, so you are showing two sentences. A sentence is defined as

A set of words that is complete in itself, typically containing a subject and predicate, conveying a statement, question, exclamation, or command, and consisting of a main clause and sometimes one or more subordinate clauses.

Therefore your first sentence is a statement, not a 'possibility', as there is no command, question or exclamation.

As for your second sentence, it's a random collection of words that make little sense to me. I presume that the words you have highlighted in bold are in reference to the high horses comment at the start of the sentence.

You don't know the meaning of a sentence, here it is from the

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Two full stops, two capital letters, so you are showing two sentences. A sentence is defined as

Therefore your first sentence is a statement, not a 'possibility', as there is no command, question or exclamation.

As for your second sentence, it's a random collection of words that make little sense to me. I presume that the words you have highlighted in bold are in reference to the high horses comment at the start of the sentence.

You don't know the meaning of a sentence, here it is from the

Unbelievable, keep squirming.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
This thread goes to show a couple things.

Firstly, FFP is dead in the water and secondly that NSC still has it's very own clique.

It reminds me of a few years ago that , for example, if Edna had farted in a lift, she'd have got one trillion adoring thumbs up ,but, if BG had done the same thing, all and sundry would have hung him.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Firstly, FFP is dead in the water and secondly that NSC still has it's very own clique.

It reminds me of a few years ago that , for example, if Edna had farted in a lift, she'd have got one trillion adoring thumbs up ,but, if BG had done the same thing, all and sundry would have hung him.

I couldn't agree with you more. Trouble for them is I am pretty much an unmovable object, I can take whatever is thrown at me.

Big Gully or Ben's Grandad?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here