Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are there any players in the teams below us that you would rather have in our first team?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No, I just forgot to quote the post I was replying to. Which is this:

So that is what that team is. Though Butland is an upgrade on Ryan, Bertrand on Bong/Suttner, Zaha on Knocky/March and Doucoure is better than Stephens or Propper, imo.

Wouldn’t take Butland over Ryan.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A special teams player. Takes decent corners and free kicks but little else. Stains fans I know who have seen a lot of him don't rate him.

Indeed. Never seems to have quite become the player they hoped he would be. Though has an irritating habit of being involved in goals against us, so perhaps if we signed him, it would avoid that eventuality in future games.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
------------------------Ryan------------------------
----Schelotto---Dunk---Duffy-----Bong------
--Shaqiri--Stephens--Propper--Izquierdo--
----------------------Lanzini------------------------
---------------------Arnautovic-------------------

This is a little bit off the top of my head and the likes of Evans, Ward-Prowse, Shelvey and Zaha (I know) would get a look-in. We have some quite good partnerships in our team that have served us well, so I wouldn't want to disrupt that. Don't think there's a better keeper in the bottom half and our back 4 seem to have settled and gone some way to getting over their set-piece brain farts. Much as I love AK and March, Shaqiri is just a quality player and would walk into our first team. Lanzini/Arnautovic is very harsh on Gross/Murray but they are an absolute class act. Genuinely felt quite bad for doing that to PG and GM in this totally fictional scenario.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Javier Hernandez & Ryan Bertrand. There are plenty who would improve our squad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here