Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are there any Fireman on NSC?

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I am wondering if there are any Fireman on NSC? Ever since I can remember and after countless hours of watching Fireman Sam as a kid, it's all I have ever wanted to be. I couldn't think of anything else I'd rather be, being a full time Fireman would be my dream job.

At the age of 20, I am now seriously looking to get the ball rolling. I've done a lot research into the selection process and the training involved. I know It is one of the hardest careers to go for and can take years to be successful and finally get a position.

I am looking to NSC as I'm wondering if there are any past/present Fireman or even any users that have been involved in trying to join the service that could give me some advice, information or share their experiences?

Any help at all is very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Look in NSC Gold, Fireman Dan has a thread in there, guessing by his username he is a Fireman

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Are you gay,black,Muslim and disabled (i mean all of these combined, not just one) - if yes, youve got a great chance. If no, then good luck pal, but hope you have a plan b

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Are you gay,black,Muslim and disabled (i mean all of these combined, not just one) - if yes, youve got a great chance. If no, then good luck pal, but hope you have a plan b

Rejected? Surely, 75% would be enough and 3 of the criteria are easily fake-able.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Is that how it works? Weird - I've got seven mates who are firefighters, and all are white, able-bodied and straight. They must have all just been really lucky I guess?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Spend some time polishing up your snooker & volleyball skills before you apply :thumbsup:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
A number of small stations seem to be recruiting I was in Deal 2 week ago and they had a banner up recruiting for that station.

Fantastic job hard work getting in need to be very fit and aware of the risks.

Good luck mate and ignore what one person has posted

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Cheers guys and thanks for that. I have PM'd Bry Nylon but I can't seem to find Fireman Dan? Maybe I'm being blind or he no longer has an account.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Thought about applying myself once, had a few friends in the industry who said sadly, most of the work they carried out was cutting car crash victims out of the wreckages :( Another scare story was getting a body from the bottom of a lift shaft. Changed my mind after that. Not all glitz and glamour so bear that in mind.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fantastic job hard work getting in need to be very fit and aware of the risks.

They are really NOT (all) particularly fit, and the way they operate now, is to sensibly rule out as many risks as they possibly can.

I'd still not like it though. I wouldn't be able to deal with some of the things they see.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Rejected? Surely, 75% would be enough and 3 of the criteria are easily fake-able.

Not sure 3 could be faked.

Gareth from the office would have you put pins in your legs to see if your disabled, eating a double cheeseburger during Ramadan may be a giveaway your not muslim and you would defo get caught eyeing up girls out thw window of the cab as you steam along with the blues flashing.

Trying to pretend you black would probably be easiest - look at Robert Downey jnr in Tropic Thunder for tips

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here