Are some away trips going to end in DISASTER?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It's the year 2010 ffs there should'nt be such a thing as passenger trains without toilets.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You make a valid point and surely it's just the same as disposing of a soiled nappy in a bin. Not entirely convinced that would hold up in court though!

If the jury travelled to the court on public transport it would.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's the year 2010 ffs there should'nt be such a thing as passenger trains without toilets.

Good point. I recall an interview with some knob from a rail company who bleated, after some cock-up, that 'they were still learning.' Interviewer pointed out that they have only had 160-odd years of rail transport to get this simple task right.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
:facepalm:

The clueless ditsy has taken journey times from this weekend's timetable which used replacement buses thanks to the new footbridge being constructed over Falmer Station.

Replacement buses don't have toilets do they?

D

Deleted User X18H

Perhaps some of you who feel very strongly about this could write to your MP.

For those in BN1 the person is called Caroline Lucas.

Or you may want to tell next door's cat instead.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What happens if you've purchased one of them 'Eastleigh' tickets where you cannot get off the train and you need a dump?

As long as the toilets are before the ticket check points/barriers (as they are at, for example lewes I believe) it won't be an issue. Get off the train, use the toilets on the platform, get on the next train. The problem will be at stations like brighton where the toilets are the other side of the barriers.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
As long as the toilets are before the ticket check points/barriers (as they are at, for example lewes I believe) it won't be an issue. Get off the train, use the toilets on the platform, get on the next train. The problem will be at stations like brighton where the toilets are the other side of the barriers.

So, even if conveniently situated, you get off, do your biz, then wait for an hour for the next train (if it decides to turn up at all). That's almost medieval in this day and age.

Perhaps some of you who feel very strongly about this could write to your MP.

For those in BN1 the person is called Caroline Lucas.

Or you may want to tell next door's cat instead.

Or you could write to Simon Kirby (Kemptown) or Mike Weatherly (Hove) who both represent the political party that left the country the mess that is left over from rail privatisation.

I think Dr Lucas would be the better bet as the party she represents genuinely believes in good public transport.

D

Deleted User X18H

For once, you've actually come up with a good idea.

She's a very effective MP.

Oh is she, oh good. I haven't been paying much attention really.

You couldn't possibly give an example of a parliamentary question she has raised, which relates specifically to Brighton, could you old boy?

Cheers:thumbsup:

bullshit detector

Back in the garage
Nov 18, 2003
Bob Crow has it absolutely right. Rnationalisation - without compensation.
And a good stiff jail sentence for the f**ers who privatised the railways in the first place.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

But your ticket is only valid on a SPECIFIC train so you would clearly be breaking the terms and conditions...

I believe there was a thread relating to this a couple of weeks ago ???

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Oh is she, oh good. I haven't been paying much attention really.

You couldn't possibly give an example of a parliamentary question she has raised, which relates specifically to Brighton, could you old boy?

Cheers:thumbsup:

No, seeing as you welshed about your support for our MP, I'm not going to insult myself by playing your silly games.

Find out for yourself if it really means that much to you.

D

Deleted User X18H

No, seeing as you welshed about your support for our MP, I'm not going to insult myself by playing your silly games.

Find out for yourself if it really means that much to you.

Nuff said. I have tried. She hasn't.

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The rolling stock was far, far worse before privatisation, with few trains other than the Inter Citys having loos!

Still a disgraceful decision.

Having commuted Shoreham to London for 22 years, whilst the trains are more comfortable and less draughty these days (and to be fair, more reliable generally), I don't remember any of my commuter trains pre-privatisation that didn't have loos.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I mean it: shouldn't there be some sort of organised PISS-IN protest? Everyone wears wellies and just pees everywhere?

Laugh out loud moment, thanks :thumbsup::laugh:

Can just see the old ladies squatting in the corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports