Are pet monkeys legal?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Citrus said:
Well? I want one innit.

They're not legal, apparently, if you train them to climb into empty houses through small upstairs windows, then open the front door for you.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
josie_pug_monkey.jpg

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think the problem is they are very naughty animals so you end up spending most of your time spanking them.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Some are legal but others require you holding a licence. Moggy used to keep them but when he purchased one without a licence ( was advised he would get one no problem when he spoke to monkeyworld) he then had it taken away and was not allowed a licence to keep any. You will have to ask this again in a couple of weeks when Moggy is back on line or Chez may know more.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
B.M.F said:
Some are legal but others require you holding a licence. Moggy used to keep them but when he purchased one without a licence ( was advised he would get one no problem when he spoke to monkeyworld) he then had it taken away and was not allowed a licence to keep any. You will have to ask this again in a couple of weeks when Moggy is back on line or Chez may know more.

Marsosets are legal & can be kept without licence, Capuchins you need a licence for. The most inconvienient thing for want of a better word is the fact that no vet in this area knows f*** all about monkeys. Therefore if anything is ever wrong with them you either have to ring Drusillas or Monkeyworld and as I recall they arent much help as they are totally against the idea of having monkeys as pets.

They are wonderful pets to have though, much more fun than cats and dogs - Moggy used to play playstation games with his capuchin!!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
chez said:

They are wonderful pets to have though, much more fun than cats and dogs - Moggy used to play playstation games with his capuchin!!

And the marmoset used to steal his lit ciggies and put them out against the wall or blowing up his telly by pissing into the back of it:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here