Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Kids getting worse?

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Whilst on my poppy parade yesterday on the way back through town. A gang of about 5 kids obviously had some drink aged at 14-15 proceeding to shout a volley of abuse at the people marching. One fat cow called the elderly gentleman in the front a c#'£$. a swearword i hate.

Had i not been marching in the parade i would have liked to have got them and bashed their heads on the kerb stone. I am only 25 and not a shining example by any means. however when i was that age i would never dream of shouting abuse at elders especially on remembrance sunday, and if i had dared i am sure my parents would have made a day for me to remember.

it seems to me that bloody kids these days are getting worse.:angry:

rant over. now sound very old.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Perfectly entitled to rant. Kids have very little respect.

I was driving to the dump by comet, with a car full of branches etc. and some girl maybe about 14 was throwing things at cars and shouting abuse at various people. She was trying to impress her friends. The trouble is that they get away with it and think it is acceptable behaviour. I, too, am only 25 and would not have dreamt of behaving like that. The trouble is that there is too much protection. Parents have lost powers, teachers can no longer discipline kids without fear of retribution.....

It is so easy to sort this out, but there always seems to be minimal effort from the government.

Ranting is healthy

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Anyone seen Battle Royale. Bloomin good idea that is.

Last edited:

E

enigma

Absolute scum. Im not a saint, Im the first to say it, but fancy shouting at a poppy parade. Without those LEGENDS, scum like that wouldnt be free to walk the streets. I dont agree with national service, but maybe they should reinstall it for tossers like that, if they cant behave themselves. :angry:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Compulsory sport at school and boot camps or activities in the summer.

They eat too much crap, dont do enough exercise and have excess energy, coupled with parents who seem incapable of teaching them manners or the difference between right and wrong.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I blame the parents.

I can appreciate its harder for younger generations to have such a deep understanding of wars etc, but the fact remains they should be edcated to understand and be respectful

If I'd have seen something like that I'd have held the little scrote down and got the veterans to give them a proper brogued up shoeing !

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
BarrelofFun said:

It is so easy to sort this out, but there always seems to be minimal effort from the government.

Even more of a minimal effort from their 'parents'.

If the Government tried to do something-we'd get cries of 'Nanny State'.

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
On the other hand I was down on Southwick Green where the largest majority of people matching/laying wreaths were under the age of 16. Scouts, Guides, Cubs, Beavers, Boys & Girls Brigades, St John's Ambulance plus Southwick Community Football Club. The footballers mostly 11 had postponed their match to the afternnoon to be there. Also 4 of the 5 band members were also under 16.

Yes there is also a minority of scum on the streets & it isn't as if there is not alot for them to do. Without wishing to sound sanctimonious often it is a result of their 'parent' not giving a toss. And it is the same people down the schools blaming the teachers or as happened the other week in Brighton the parent knocking the deputy head out & putting another teacher in a head lock.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
enigma said:
Absolute scum. Im not a saint, Im the first to say it, but fancy shouting at a poppy parade. Without those LEGENDS, scum like that wouldnt be free to walk the streets. I dont agree with national service, but maybe they should reinstall it for tossers like that, if they cant behave themselves. :angry:

NOOOOO!

No National Service - the last thing the Forces want is these little twats coming in and causing us admin snags. We have been sent "problem children" before, and most of them end up not changing, causing us extra work before deciding that they can't handle it and leaving anyway. The only fun is watching the "hard" ones realise that actually they aren't hard at all, and that squaring up to an NCO/SNCO and calling them out may just have been the worst thing they have ever done in their sorry little lives! You can't beat respect into these no-marks - they have no concept of it. Their entire lives are spent getting what they can, when they can, and getting away with everything because there is so little the state can do to them. Just hope that they discover crack cocaine quickly and take themselves off the planet.

Stick the little shits down the coal mines.

Then seal them.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
I can understand hampshire seagulls view. however i always thought sticking these kids on the front line might have some effect.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No it's not all kids. Young Master Brovian's team (Withdean) had a minutes silence before their game yesterday, despite the fact it kicked off at 12:30 not 11:00. It was the boys themselves who wanted it.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
One of the problems, which was touched upon above, is that no one can do a damm thing if some kid kicks off. For instance, whilst looking on from the top of a bus I saw a couple of kids throwing stones at passing cars. Now one of thes cars stopped and a guy stepped out. Did the kids run, of course not. They stood their ground and mocked the guy. Now what could the guy do? Bosh them one? He could have done, but no doubt he would be the one in trouble with the law. Even if he grabbed a child and phoned the law, no doubt he would be charged. You see you cant win. And kids know it

Now I'm not suggesting a complete doing over of the child, but surely if he were allowed the restrain the child whilst a copper turned up, then they might think about it.

Plus, why when kids are caught, why is that its they and they only that get fined ASBOD etc. They dont pay the fines for starters. If parents were fined for bringing up a poorly behaved child (0-16), then maybe just maybe they might be a bit more responsible. Oh yeah and ASBO the parents as well.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Most 14 and 15 year olds have never even heard of the Holocaust.

There should be compulsary education in schools on the wars to make the morons understand what sacrifices were made on their behalf.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I blame the government (no change there then) in getting rid of the dreaded RULER/SLIPPER/CANE in schools and even telling parents not to slap their kids.....they get it too easy and get away with too much shit these days. Some EU Mps are even fighting against DETENTIONS after school because it goes against some crappy Human Rights shite....unbelievable :angry:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bulger killers what did they get, regular jollies to the seaside, a new identity and state assistance for the rest of their lives :censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here