Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Poll to follow.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
If you leave a cake out it dries and if you leave a biscuit out it goes soft so technically they are cakes.

Apparently that was the argument that won over the HMRC as they have different VAT rates but I have never verified that so it might be nonsense.

That said a tomato is a fruit but I wouldn't put it in a fruit salad.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
If you leave a cake out it dries and if you leave a biscuit out it goes soft so technically they are cakes.

Apparently that was the argument that won over the HMRC as they have different VAT rates but I have never verified that so it might be nonsense.

That said a tomato is a fruit but I wouldn't put it in a fruit salad.
Totally this and you beat me to it! Jaffa Cakes taste great as a key ingredient blended in a milkshake, BTW... Shakeaway in Brighton do one with them and chopped up/blended chocolate orange and it's fab! Healthy too, with all that fruit... ;)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
These are a great afternoon tea snack

Cherry and lemon are the best.

Attachments

• IMG_5178.jpeg
    IMG_5178.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 32

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Fence

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No. After the comments earlier, I pulled a discarded packet from the recycling next to me and it states: '10 light sponge cakes...' That would be like saying Fairy cakes are biscuits, or even Battenberg!

Jaffa Cakes are – to me, anyway – arguably the finest sweet treat in the world. But a biscuit they most certainly are NOT!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here