Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are games against Palace the ones you want to win the most?

Are games against Palace the ones you want to win the most?

• Under 20 and Yes

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Under 20 and No

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 20-40 and Yes

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • 20-40 and No

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • 40-60 and Yes

Votes: 79 46.5%
  • 40-60 and No

Votes: 19 11.2%
  • Very old and Yes

Votes: 28 16.5%
  • Very old and No

Votes: 15 8.8%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems the rivalry is properly ignited again now but is it still the old timers or have the young 'uns properly joined the party?

I remember not so long ago quite a few fans seemed a bit meh about the rivalry

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Always. Always yes.

Also the 2nd & 3rd fixtures I look for (after first match) when they come out.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
40-60 and yes

The most irritating aspect of the match is Twitter in the week leading up to it with endless comments form the like of spotty 18 year old @ManUfan342657 from Leamington Spa explaining to a time served old boy like me the difference between a rival and a derby and also going on to tell me that it’s neither.

“YOU SUPPORT NEITHER TEAM SO F*** OFF AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!!”

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I'll get torn to pieces for this but, whilst I enjoy the rivalry, I'm not overly fussed by it :shrug:

not on NSC you won't

I'd imagine you'd be in the majority

as a matter of interest,what game do you most look forward to

before a ball has been kicked obviously

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I don't hate Palace or any of their fans,I happen to know all 8 of them but it's the one game my toys come out the pram if we lose it,i actually can't stand Arsenal and Swindon and if they ceased to exist tomorrow I wouldn't raise a eyebrow.

Hopefully I'll be adding a European team to the list before I pop my clogs,I so want to hate FC Clunge,so come on Potter pull your socks up I'm not getting any younger.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I’m still buzzing after demolishing Man U. Think I get more enjoyment beating the so called elite teams. Although it is nice beating them too. Age group 40-60.

Wombat1965

Feb 21, 2009
40-60 and absolutely yes.

I am nearly in the "old" group however the 2 Palace games are the first ones I look for. If I was completely honest I would take a draw each time so as I don't wake up the following morning feeling totally and utterly pi$$ed off. My wife tells me to grow up ....... unfortunately when it comes to us against Palace I can't. Strangely if we do win I also get told to grow up ???

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
not on NSC you won't

I'd imagine you'd be in the majority

as a matter of interest,what game do you most look forward to

before a ball has been kicked obviously

In the Prem? It depends on who's in the league. Next season it'll be Fulham as it's a cracking away day.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
40-60 and yes

The most irritating aspect of the match is Twitter in the week leading up to it with endless comments form the like of spotty 18 year old @ManUfan342657 from Leamington Spa explaining to a time served old boy like me the difference between a rival and a derby and also going on to tell me that it’s neither.

“YOU SUPPORT NEITHER TEAM SO F*** OFF AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!!”

:lolol:
For me it’s seeing the A23 / M23 derby mentioned on Twitter, usually by some 2 bob account advertising betting or George from Uganda :facepalm:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Very old apparently (64) and can obviously remember when there WAS no rivalry with Palace. It meant a lot when it started, but frankly since about 1988 I'd always been a bit 'meh' about it, I thought it had burnt itself out. However in the last couple of seasons I've felt the old stirrings again, certainly outside of the Top Six the Palace games are the ones I want to win the most.

I voted 'No' in the end because given a choice between beating Man U 4-0 and beating Palace 4-0 I'd pick Man U every time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seems the rivalry is properly ignited again now but is it still the old timers or have the young 'uns properly joined the party?

I remember not so long ago quite a few fans seemed a bit meh about the rivalry

I'm too old. Palace were nothing to me when I first started going (1969). I still kept these (below) and I still look forward to finishing above them, but I'm more focused on beating proper decent sides these days :whistle::rolleyes:

palace 1.PNG

palace 2.PNG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very old apparently (64) and can obviously remember when there WAS no rivalry with Palace. It meant a lot when it started, but frankly since about 1988 I'd always been a bit 'meh' about it, I thought it had burnt itself out. However in the last couple of seasons I've felt the old stirrings again, certainly outside of the Top Six the Palace games are the ones I want to win the most.

I voted 'No' in the end because given a choice between beating Man U 4-0 and beating Palace 4-0 I'd pick Man U every time.

I replied before reading your post. You re exactly the same age as me and of exactly the same mind it seems :lolol: :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm too old. Palace were nothing to me when I first started going (1969). I still kept these (below) and I still look forward to finishing above them, but I'm more focused on beating proper decent sides these days :whistle::rolleyes:

View attachment 147788

View attachment 147789

Top one of those was this ex armchair Spurs fans first Albion game. I only went to see what the fuss about Malcolm Allison’s Palace was about :nono:

2-0 Sammy Nelson and you had Peter Taylor in your pocket :lolol:

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Top one of those was this ex armchair Spurs fans first Albion game. I only went ro see what the fuss about Malcolm Allison’s Palace was about :nono:

2-0 Sammy Nelson and you had Peter Taylor in your pocket :lolol:

was at both of those games

old man used to keep the tickets behind the clock on the mantelpiece

would look at them every day until the actual game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here