Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are all letting agents anything but total utter *****?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I was really prepared to give my new letting agents a chance, and yet within 2 weeks of moving in they have totally f***ed me off.

What is with these hideous, arrogant, cash-hungry fucks? Can't there be just one single letting firm who aren't intent from the off in screwing you over back to front, left to right and sideways?

Seriously, is there a lower form of life?

I'd sooner live nextdoor to Elland Road than a Letting Agent.

****s

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Hmmm,

I do also DESPISE recruitment consultants but I have at least met SOME nice ones. Whereas ACROSS THE BOARD I've never found a Letting Agency who gave a shit about anything other than ****ing suckers like me over.

I hate them with a passion that can only be imagined in the darkest realms of the most tortured minds of the most evil souls to have ever walked this earth, coincidentally what Letting Agents are.

SCUM **** FUCKS

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hmmm,

I do also DESPISE recruitment consultants but I have at least met SOME nice ones. Whereas ACROSS THE BOARD I've never found a Letting Agency who gave a shit about anything other than ****ing suckers like me over.

I hate them with a passion that can only be imagined in the darkest realms of the most tortured minds of the most evil souls to have ever walked this earth, coincidentally what Letting Agents are.

SCUM **** FUCKS

Pa-ra-pu-pum-pum...

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
So what have they done this time?

I'm currently a bit pee'd off as I've discovered that recruitment consultants have been sending out my CV without asking me first.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I was really prepared to give my new letting agents a chance, and yet within 2 weeks of moving in they have totally f***ed me off.

What is with these hideous, arrogant, cash-hungry fucks? Can't there be just one single letting firm who aren't intent from the off in screwing you over back to front, left to right and sideways?

****s

Methinks an explanation is in order...what've they done?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
I could go on for days about the latest COCK UP but this time I've got them by the balls and they aren't going to get away with it.

I've done everything by the book, watched them make their little mistakes and have all the evidence I need to TAKE THEM DOWN should they not back the f*** off.

::RAGE::

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Thankfully never dealt with letting agents but I have Recruitement consultants so they get my vote, utter cocks the lot of them !they very rarely match your skill set to a role but even then manage to be arrogant throughout. Also , has one ever ever phoned you back when promised . Then when you do get a job they try and skim off a cut . Cu ts

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
PEDANT ALERT

I think there is something grammatically wrong with this thread title. If all letting agents were 'anything but' total utter ****s, then they wouldn't be. ****s, that is.

'Are all letting agents total utter ****s', would get the point across. As would 'Are all letting agents NOTHING but total utter ****s'.

Hope this helps. Back to the turkey shoot.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What's the problem? The rent is agreed with the landlord, you pay it to the agent, he takes 10% plus VAT and gives the balance to the landlord.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus

****s

What've you or they done?

I've rented three properties over the 15 years or so (been in this one for nearly 10 years now), all from different agents and not really had a major problem.

The currect one is with one of the bigger agents in town. They're not perfect (they've just been for the latest flat inspection and I've reported the tap that needs fixing for the 10th time), but they're good on the big things. When I reported the boiler was dead, a new one was fitted the next day. Of course the big advantage of staying in the same property is that the rent doesn't usually go up by as much as the market value. In the time I've been here the rent's gone up by less than £100 in total. I know from looking at similar properties that I'm now paying much less than the market rate.

Other than that, they pretty much leave me alone and I pay the rent. Works for me.

Fork Me

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I could go on for days about the latest COCK UP but this time I've got them by the balls and they aren't going to get away with it.

I've done everything by the book, watched them make their little mistakes and have all the evidence I need to TAKE THEM DOWN should they not back the f*** off.

::RAGE::

I fear a breakdown is coming on... you sound seriously wound up, geezer.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
I would detail the situation but I am acutely aware that as a local company their could be any number of employees reading this very board right now and I'd rather not let this spill out in public.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Had a problem with a letting agent I used about 8 years ago.

Things kept going wrong with the property, showers, leaking, light fittings breaking, furniture falling apart that sort of thing.

Although they were slow in getting it done they repaired/replaced everything free of charge until we had a problem with the drains. When they sent out a plumber to fix the problem he told us that it was a problem that had built up over a long time 10-15 years (we had only been there 1 year).

Next thing we know we are getting a £300 bill for the clearance and replacement of the drains from a letting agent.

We fought it for a while, asking when they'd last had someone clear the drains but it was futile. We left not long after that.

:wankers:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
All Letting agents are massive wankers. Some are shit for one reason, some for others. One agency that is f***ing shit is Young Lee, part of Austin Gray, Young Lee. They are snooty, snobby, rude, money grabbing, tarty, useless, conning bunch of f***ing highwaymen. In my opinion.

They used to look down on me and my Mrs when we were renting until my Girlfriend got so f***ed off with them being so snobby that she reminded them mine and hers combined income would cover the wages of all 5 staff in their office and to get their heads out of their arses.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Carrington Estates in Hove. 10/10. Have recommended them on here before 777680, no cnuts there!!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Pembertons on 7 dials are good actually.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
They used to look down on me and my Mrs when we were renting until my Girlfriend got so f***ed off with them being so snobby that she reminded them mine and hers combined income would cover the wages of all 5 staff in their office and to get their heads out of their arses.

They are on 3 grand a year each? f*** me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here