Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Albion fans too nice?

gully1984

May 3, 2014
We applaud the away supporters, so yes far too ruddy friendly. I don't I hasten to add!!!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I do wonder sometimes whether you post threads purely for a reaction, even if everyone made Hyypia out banners it would have no effect on Bloom. The situation is- Bloom gets rid of Hyypia or keeps him and we'll get relegated. Nothing the fans can do.

Apologies for being a conspiracy theorist but in my perception that [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has some enhanced level of connection to the club, I can't help wondering what all these "What will you do..." questions are for?

If there's an expectation that you'll get the pulse of the fans then fine... but where is the club's response to these issues when we reveal how we're feeling?

If you're trying to anticipate when the banners will start to appear then is there an ulterior motive (i.e. putting enhanced security in place to stop them getting into the ground)?

If it's just a chance to have a whinge then that's fine too, but I think we have enough whingeing threads already.

Apologies for a suspicious/negative post but I'm a suspicious/negative person. :thumbsup:

It's just click-bait.
Darren posts these types of questions frequently in order to increase traffic and increase the chances of clicked ads.
This equals more money for Darren/NSC.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Bloom goes to plenty of games, seen him on the train coming back from away games many times.

Yes, I saw him at Norwich station. Not an over stated chap in any way.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think that maybe we are mindful of exactly how much Bloom has put into this club and it seems a bit disrespectful to start hurling abuse and telling him to sack Hyypia and sort it out. I know I wouldn't feel comfortable abusing him at a game even though he seems to have lost touch with what is happening on the pitch.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Seriously, I think that a gread deal of our 20,000 are naive or semi-detached supporters. I was chatting with a Charlton supporting acquaintance with connections in Brighton who told me he knows several folk who are 'supporters' of premiership teams, out of townees, and even students, who bough Brighton season tickets because it looked like fun (comfy stadium, easy traveling, probably some decent games). We just don't have a majority of seriously exercised supporters.

To be fair, we never did. When I went in the late 60s and early 70s we had decent enough crowds (a good solid 12-16 thousand each week for mid table 3rd division fare) but a rather insecure ambience. Apart from a couple of hundred singers in the North stand, it was largely pipe sucking introspection, low expectations, dispassionate spectatorship.

So I can't see the current following chanting for Sami's head.

Christ, nothing like generalising about a demographic eh? Maybe speak to each and every one of the 24k Albion fans (current, not historic fans) who attended the Fulham game before posting this kind of sweeping generalisation garbage, because you sure aren't speaking for me!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It's just click-bait.
Darren posts these types of questions frequently in order to increase traffic and increase the chances of clicked ads.
This equals more money for Darren/NSC.

Hmmm, a tad cynical! I think the problem isn't really Hyypia. Yes of course he's shit and needs to go/should've already gone but Bloom seems like a rabbit caught in the headlights and I'm afraid, despite all the money he's invested in infrastructure, right now it's actually Bloom who is the real problem and the vast majority of fans probably have a problem with being too outspoken or demonstrative against Bloom.

gully1984

May 3, 2014
Hmmm, a tad cynical! I think the problem isn't really Hyypia. Yes of course he's shit and needs to go/should've already gone but Bloom seems like a rabbit caught in the headlights and I'm afraid, despite all the money he's invested in infrastructure, right now it's actually Bloom who is the real problem and the vast majority of fans probably have a problem with being too outspoken or demonstrative against Bloom.

Boom! Bang on!! Too nicey nicey, yes he's done a lot but all of the management need armbands as they are all outta their depth!!!

Bin Sami first and then work on the rest. Tony needs some good string characters in his team.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

Err, it is 'click bait' as Stoneham calls it, but you can't blame Bozza for doing it to increase site traffic.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes, yes we are.

Yesterday, the Derby fans started a brief "You're getting sacked in the morning" chant shortly after going 3-0 up and about 100 of our lot picked it up. However, it was only 20%-ish of our lot, it was brief, and it was quiet. We're now 2 points from safety having won 1 in 15 in the league. Most other sets of fans would be going ape on the terraces by now given the success of the last 2 seasons.

I'm not convinced just how much actual action it would elicit by TB though. However much he does or does not know about football, he does know that our current league position is unacceptable. Being more vocal will at least allow fans to vent their anger, and may persuade Sami to be rather less demanding in any compensation negotiations, thus meaning an earlier end to his reign (which is surely now inevitable?). For these reasons, I anticipate that we'll get progressively louder...

Last 16 games 1 win, 9 draws, 6 defeats, 12 points

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yeah mate, a set of supporters who rip down goal posts to protest at the board and who (for example Fulham away in the 90's) were climbing over the fences to have a pop at our own players must be too nice.

Many of those at the Amex are a different "set" which is exactly what Paul Barber wants (and in truth is a necessary evil).

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Blackpool are starting to pick up points now with a new manager, over the last 16 games we must be 2nd bottom and close to Blackpool now. Bloom is starting to lose fans and in a big way and it may be hard to get their trust back after this almighty of fck ups and nothing being done about it. Its hard as he put in close to £ 200m and we have a lovely ground which makes the self destruct button he is constantly pressing even more baffling

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I believe we are too nice. We also Clap the away attendance

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Remember years ago the Everton fans vented their anger by throwing the padded cushions from the main stand. The pitch was littered them. Manager was sacked forthwith.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Remember years ago the Everton fans vented their anger by throwing the padded cushions from the main stand. The pitch was littered them. Manager was sacked forthwith.

Cushions are £10 off today in the club shop so let's fill our boots!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417951846.488510.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here