Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Approx 29,000 sold to date for Monday's Play Off Game

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Regardless, the gate will be 26,000 I should think, which in the context of our historical support remains a very healthy attendance

You're being miserable. I think it will sell out. I've already lost a flutter to [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] this season, want to give me a chance to re-establish my winning credentials?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think the Monday night is the killer with extra time and penalties possible, which could mean a 10.30pm finish which with work/school the next day will cause issues, particularly if travelling some distance

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You're being miserable. I think it will sell out. I've already lost a flutter to [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] this season, want to give me a chance to re-establish my winning credentials?

I'm not being miserable, I am miserable.

Since posting this, it does appear there is evidence that the gate will be higher. Maybe 28,000, which is still a fantastic effort under the circumstances. But I honestly don't expect the "sold out" shutters to go up, unless we're 3 goals clear by the end of the game on Friday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Logged on to the Ticket Site this morning and there are so many tickets available still available - ground will only be half full at this rate.

Two thirds of the tickets have sold out already and they've only just gone on general sale? Massive exaggeration on your part.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The ticket site was FUBAR on Sunday, some things I've seen since haven't exactly filled me with confidence either.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Since posting this, it does appear there is evidence that the gate will be higher. Maybe 28,000, which is still a fantastic effort under the circumstances. But I honestly don't expect the "sold out" shutters to go up, unless we're 3 goals clear by the end of the game on Friday.

That's an interesting debate in itself. What first-leg circumstances would cause the occasional fan to come along on Monday? I'm not sure I'd want to part with c£35 if I perceived the game to be a bit of a dead rubber, as it would be if we had a handsome first leg lead (which we won't, clearly, but let's hypothesise). In those circumstances, I reckon I'd be thinking "I'll save my money for Wembley".

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That's an interesting debate in itself. What first-leg circumstances would cause the occasional fan to come along on Monday? I'm not sure I'd want to part with c£35 if I perceived the game to be a bit of a dead rubber, as it would be if we had a handsome first leg lead (which we won't, clearly, but let's hypothesise). In those circumstances, I reckon I'd be thinking "I'll save my money for Wembley".

What if Wembley tickets were available first to those who bought play-off semi tickets?

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Well according to the website, I don't exist as a user so that would be why my seat isn't taken yet...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
What if Wembley tickets were available first to those who bought play-off semi tickets?

Hmmm...that would affect the sales for the semi, for sure. But...I can't see that happening - it'd be done on LP, shirley?

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
So actually, almost EVERY seat that was available to be purchased, up until 8am today, HAS already been sold?

Absolutely brilliant effort from the thread starter. Truly excellent thread :thumbsup:
Considering the middle blocks of west upper are sold out apart from the odd single for season tickets I think you'll find it wasn't almost every seat taken so far

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The Albion's Wembley allocation would be well in excess of our number of STH. There is literally NO possibility that the first entitlement would not be for each STH to buy one ticket.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The ticket site was FUBAR on Sunday, some things I've seen since haven't exactly filled me with confidence either.

That as well. Have the club made any acknowledgement of the issues, some of which seemed to resolve mid-Monday morning.

I note that people can buy in person from the ticket office this time. I think the club realised not allowing this for the Derby play-off game was a mistake.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

You're profoundly wrong. You're not miserable, as is evidenced by your posts most of the time. You're being miserable at the moment, as are too many others on here, wallowing in the injustice of things. Fortunately the management and the team will be retraining their sights, to go again. Given what they've given this season, it surely shouldn't be up to the players to pick up the fans?

I'll set the bar at either the club's announcement of sold out, or 30,000 tickets. REMF got the winnings last time.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Surely a tweet from the offical club account announcing a sell-out? I'll put money on that not happening.

If that's the definition, and it seems a perfectly reasonable one, I'm in too (if the bet is offered). [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] ? Decent opportunity for you to recover some semblance of self-esteem here, I think?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Surely a tweet from the offical club account announcing a sell-out? I'll put money on that not happening.
You are right. It won't sell out.

I think a lot of people are trying a different approach and not caring so much about this match.

Que sera sera.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think I'm in a minority but I'm desperate for tickets for me and Mrs EP for the home leg.

Not a STH as live so far away but keep checking the website and hoping that it doesn't sell out to people who have been to a good few matches this season already.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I think I'm in a minority but I'm desperate for tickets for me and Mrs EP for the home leg.

Not a STH as live so far away but keep checking the website and hoping that it doesn't sell out to people who have been to a good few matches this season already.

It's only been on sale to STH and now members. I don't think you'll have a problem getting two tickets tomorrow morning.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's only been on sale to STH and now members. I don't think you'll have a problem getting two tickets tomorrow morning.

We paid for bronze membership for a couple of years but the benefits for the £35 charge seemed non-existent, with so many empty seats at each home match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here