Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apple Event – What's going on...?

Cannot understand how people can get so aroused by a digital device (ooer missus just spotted a double entendre there) particularly Apple so I suggest that -

www.androiddoesthesameandcostsless.com

should be the new name for NSC until Bozza is back.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
It's a difference, granted. But high end watches, or Chinese watches with designer logos stamped on them and sold for thousands, are not all timeless precision, far from it.

my point is that the internals on the 13k watch are exactly the same as on the lower models, something which isn't true for luxury watches. I've also read something which says that it is on a technicality that apple can even call it 18k gold as it is mixed with ceramic material rather than metal.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not all that taken with the look of these things. I don't know, perhaps years of Apple innovation have led us all to high expectations when it comes to the design & innovation of their products. For me, I just can't get excited about the appearance of that watch, whichever range they're talking about.

On balance- and if I was so minded to spank a load of cash on such things- I'd rather spend thousands on a beautiful, traditional watch, with shiny cogs and springs ticking away, and leave the gadget trickery to my iPhone.

D

Deleted member 22389

Cannot understand how people can get so aroused by a digital device (ooer missus just spotted a double entendre there) particularly Apple so I suggest that -

www.androiddoesthesameandcostsless.com

should be the new name for NSC until Bozza is back.

I don't either but each to their own. Still living with a 5 year old BB myself. Does the job I need it to do and lasts twice as long as these newer phones battery wise.

D

Deleted member 22389

difference is they are handmade and crafted with precision in switzerland and will last a lifetime

The 13k apple watch is made in china and will last a few years.

You beat me to it as regards hand crafted precision engineering. When I think about Switzerland that is what comes to mind. That's the difference isn't it.
No love in the Apple watch, just mass produced electronic crap for people who don't understand the beauty and precision of real watch.

Apple watch is clever, Real watch is clever and fascinating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here