Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Applauding the attendance announcement

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
What the hell's that all about? And especially the sycophantic applauding of the away attendance. Lots of away fans have come down on a saturday afternoon to visit a new stadium - SO WHAT?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm inclined to agree, but I am in a grumpy mood.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Got out on wrong side of bed alert!

D

Deleted member 18477

i guess the applauding is for them effectively giving us money through the ticket purchase and the refreshments...

its the only reason i applaud them. its really a 'thank you very much - kerching moment!' to me anyway.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It was to soften the blow in case Forest fans wanted a ruck after the match.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I hate it,it's the most cringe thing I've found at the new stadium!!! Ffs what a bunch of pansy saps we sound-and then nearly every time the opposition are standing there taking the piss!!!!

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Just strikes me as incredibly small-time. I've seen massive away followings at the Goldstone without ever feeling the need to applaud them just for turning up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I haven't noticed us applaud our own attendance, only the away when they've brought a lot.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
What the hell's that all about? And especially the sycophantic applauding of the away attendance. Lots of away fans have come down on a saturday afternoon to visit a new stadium - SO WHAT?

Mods, can you merge this with the all the other applauding the away attendance threads that have been started about this over the last 4 months?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I haven't noticed us applaud our own attendance, only the away when they've brought a lot.

They don't announce our own attendance, only the total attendance. Which does get applauded. Then they announce the away attendance, whether they've brought a lot or not. Which gets applauded also. The applause is sort of spontaneous, it's not like the club's encouraging anybody to applaud.They just announce the figures. Up to individuals if they applaud or not.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I hate it,it's the most cringe thing I've found at the new stadium!!! Ffs what a bunch of pansy saps we sound-and then nearly every time the opposition are standing there taking the piss!!!!

So having our own song lyrics displayed up on the big screen, and having our fans applaud Gerrard, not only onto the pitch, but just for WARMING UP FFS !, isn't more cringeworthy ?:facepalm:

I'm with THPP on this one - the appaluse doesn't do anybody any harm.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

i presume this was your first game at the amex as this has been common practise at every game.
i think it is a nice touch & shows appreciation to supporters that follow their team home & away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here