Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Apologies gp

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There’s levels isn’t there. Criticisms are fine. Consistent dumb personal attacks on the man. His character. “Gormless”, “out of his depth”, “doesn’t know his best 11”, “pillock”. I’d say cross the line some what.

And to bleat for the manager to be sacked when he haven’t even been in the bottom 3 AND he kept us up last season, with some of the best football we’ve seen a Brighton team play? Yes. I would say it’s churlish and immature to cry Potter out every day. Polls every day, celebrating opposition goals, the lot

And to add to that, those of us who backed the manager and believed in him? We’re equally attacked. Myself, Hugo, Swanny, Icy. “Lickers”, sworn at in the match thread, one poster was convinced I am Swansman because at one point few of us were backing the manager.

So naturally now we’re doing well it’s only human to point back, shake your head and smirk.

You’ve made my point for me

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Let's get a few more wins under our belt before we start dishing out apalogies shall we?

One swallow certainly doesn't make a summer.

Oh for pities sake what more can he do and more to the point do you really think another manager is going to somehow get our forwards to be able to shoot straight? The defence is solid again, the midfield is producing really smart, crisp, intelligent football, the strikers are getting to the chances, and then fluffing it. The issue does not reside, as so many say in the final third, rather its the final touch. What more can the manager do? please could you explain this to me as I am at a loss.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
While the 12 months without a home win was obviously not good, thats the way of portraying it in the worst possible light. Makes it sound like three wins in 36 months when the last win in 2019 was in December and we're only into the second month of this year. Obviously still not good but cant see the purpose in trying to make it look even worse.

He has his own agenda

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Oh. So are you still Potter out then? Still think it’s dull football and we’re going down?

Still ‘out.’
Not based on any individual result but on performance. Potter was hired to improve the quality of play and had a promising start. Unfortunately for some time now the team has been playing slow, sideways passing, non shooting football and that is a regression in quality. I do not enjoy watching this style of football and we seem to be heading for relegation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here