Anyones else worried by Graeme Smith?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
I know its hard to judge on one performance, but for a goalkeeper he didnt really want to come off his line at all.

Made one good save from Patulea in second half, but there were at least two moments where he allowed the ball to come right into almost the six yard box and hoped a defender cleared, rather than come out and command his area.

Must admit I was expecting a bit more from someone whose come down from the SPL!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Is this some sort of trick? When someone says no he's rubbish, you go well Kuiper's never leaves his line apart from kick people as they're running away from goal, and he's got no command of the 6 yard box?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Perhaps he was a little scared if he had a bad performance he would get RIPPED APART on here this morning? I hear he played well, and would be my choice for Saturday :thumbsup:

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Im not ripping him apart, but as a goalkeeper, it doesnt matter as much how much footie youv had, unlike an outfield player.

There are times when you want them to come out and clatter everyone to take the ball, he just didnt do that, and its a worry.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I thought he played well against Huddersfield and Stockport despite being beaten 9 times. The onyl goal I thought he was at fault for was when he got chipped by Baker of Stockport.

Didnt go yesterday, but reports dont seem to blame him for the goal. He is still young, and has experience of the SPL on his side. Wouldnt write him just yet, and I am another one that would pick him on Saturday. I think Kuipers has had an easy run (guaranteed to start) and his performances have dropped slightly

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Seen him play.Looks like the outfield player who has to go in goal when the proper keeper is injured or sent off.

No threat to Kuipers.We need somebody to challenge him,really.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Seen him play.Looks like the outfield player who has to go in goal when the proper keeper is injured or sent off.

No threat to Kuipers.We need somebody to challenge him,really.

When have you seen him play?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
kuipers out, smith in

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Look at goals conceeded when he has been playing - pre-season, Huddersfield....

Just not encouraging.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Look at goals conceeded when he has been playing - pre-season, Huddersfield....

Just not encouraging.
But how many were down to him?

He deserves a run in the first team as Kuipers has been below par recently.

Made a couple ofreally good saves. Did not look like a commanding goal keeper. Did he speak at all during the game?

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Graeme Smith was brilliant last night.

:lol:

He so wasn't..

As previously mentioned, didn't appear to command his area, and needed Wright to bail him out on at least one occasion.

Didn't like his lack of hurry when we were playing catch up, and needs to gain a left foot if he's gonna let back passes come to him with on rushing strikers.

5/10 for me; could (and hopefully will) do better

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I heard him all the way through the game. Though he was reasonable. Didn't flap so much as the favoured one.

Was that you at Stratford station last night and also having probs with the ticket machine at Leyton?

???

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Good point about the lack of hurry up - where was the urgency towards the end, surely footballers want to win any game they play in!

I heard him all the way through the game. Though he was reasonable. Didn't flap so much as the favoured one.

Was that you at Stratford station last night and also having probs with the ticket machine at Leyton?

???

i CERTAINLY was at Stratford and I did have problems with my Oyster card:wozza: You should have come over, went onto the Birkbeck to meet Dandyman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports