Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone want to see a space station?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah, about 15mins after complaining about the cloud, it cleared up and low and behold, 30mins later, it came over nice and clear. Second time I've seen it here now, incredible. I find it fascinating, space is a real head ****.

It’s amazing how so few people do have any interest. Where I used to work, in July 2009 the BBC showed a series of incredible programmes to celebrate the Apollo programme, on the 40th anniversary of the first Moon landing. My mates, in their 20’s, 30’s and 40’s, all intelligent guys, had no interest.

Outer space, just a few miles away from this rock and our lives, and the genius to get man there, it is remarkable.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Fantastic view last night, sky clear as a bell over here and being on the 10-00 lap it was superb

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Sod it, saw this at 9.25, didn’t see a thing.

Did it pass in the southern to us sky?

I am very lucky, most of the time I spot it, it flies directly over my house!
From the view I have it comes over Hollingdean/Wild Park/Lewes Road/Higher Bevendean and on towards the Race Hill.

It’s amazing how so few people do have any interest. Where I used to work, in July 2009 the BBC showed a series of incredible programmes to celebrate the Apollo programme, on the 40th anniversary of the first Moon landing. My mates, in their 20’s, 30’s and 40’s, all intelligent guys, had no interest.

Outer space, just a few miles away from this rock and our lives, and the genius to get man there, it is remarkable.

It's a bloody mind ****. So out of our space system/solar system, there are millions/billions of other galaxy's, what is there? Is there an edge to these universes? Where does a black hole take you? It is a complete mind fu*k but absolutely incredible at the same time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's a bloody mind ****. So out of our space system/solar system, there are millions/billions of other galaxy's, what is there? Is there an edge to these universes? Where does a black hole take you? It is a complete mind fu*k but absolutely incredible at the same time.

And here, an incredible rock, with a slither of an atmosphere just a few miles deep that allows life, humanity, ecosystems. Minuscule and transient in the universal big scheme of things.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Give Interstellar a watch!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Okay I never tire of watching an object fly over that has human beings living in it 250 miles above us.

Watching another man made object chase after it should be even better!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here