Anyone want to see a space station?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Went out to watch tonight's first pass, there's something odd going on - there's a long procession of lights, evenly spaced, travelling west to east across the sky. No discernable sound, and nothing on flight tracker

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Nothing odd at all....

no need for conspiracy theories.

See my answer 2 posts down

Absolutely not; that wasn't my intention. NSC is the fount of all knowledge (albeit one that needs chlorinating every so often); I was hoping someone could shed some light.

I would contend, however, that looking up and seeing an orderly procession of forty or so lights travelling rapidly across the sky - when only expecting to see one - is a little odd

Last edited:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Absolutely not; that wasn't my intention. NSC is the fount of all knowledge (albeit one that needs chlorinating every so often); I was hoping someone could shed some light.

I would contend, however, that looking up and seeing an orderly procession of forty or so lights travelling rapidly across the sky - when only expecting to see one - is a little odd

Another forum I'm on had a guy yesterday saying he saw 8 silent aircraft on approach to Mildenhall a few nights ago......what he had seen was the same as you a few satellites.....but he was saying it was secret flights to do with Covid 19 not on any flight tracker....hence the conspiracy theory......

I have been staring at the sky for a few years I find it fascinating....for many years in the RAF I was flying and took no notice.....

but to think that the ISS is flying at 17000 mph at a height of 256 miles and we can still see it with the naked eye!! ( albeit reflections)

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Pure coincidence they were there at the same time., look on the website I posted theres a chance to see 60 odd in a couple of evenings..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports