Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone want to see a space station?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
6.53pm tomorrow for a FIVE minute showing guys, then 2 minutes at 8.29pm (if we're lucky again with the continuing clear nights).

It blows my mind that I can watch that go over once, then in a little over an hour and a half its orbited our entire planet at over 17,000mph, 5 miles per second, and flies over us again. I also LOVE the accuracy of the maths - the timings are always bang on.

Its been a real treat these last few nights. An uplifting treat.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
anyone know what this is. It was in the western sky. It was quite bright but not as bright as Venus but brighter than the stars which are part of Leo (which is what I was trying to photograph). It was same size as one of the stars to the naked eye.
View attachment DSC00085-Edit.jpeg

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
That is the ball from Leo's penalty

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
6.53pm tomorrow for a FIVE minute showing guys, then 2 minutes at 8.29pm (if we're lucky again with the continuing clear nights).

Absolutely this I sent a message out to all my neighboughs about last nights fly past and their we all were at the allotted time all in our back gardens watching the sky we then proceeded to chat over the garden fences which are all so high no one can see over but it was nice to catch up across six gardens

It's this type of communal yet safe activity that is going to become an essential part of keeping us all sane and well, any other shared community ideas welcomed

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

It blows my mind that I can watch that go over once, then in a little over an hour and a half its orbited our entire planet at over 17,000mph, 5 miles per second, and flies over us again. I also LOVE the accuracy of the maths - the timings are always bang on.

Just watched it again. As mentioned above, it goes again at 8.29 but only 2 minutes. Get e-mail alerts every morning if it is going to go overhead via "spotthestation" if you register.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just watched it again. As mentioned above, it goes again at 8.29 but only 2 minutes. Get e-mail alerts every morning if it is going to go overhead via "spotthestation" if you register.

I missed it. Just spent the last hour and a bit on the phone with my dad talking him through installing Facebook and Facebook Messenger onto his new laptop, and then showing him how to do video calls.

Honestly, it would've been easier to teach next doors dog how to speak russian.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here