Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone want to buy some cheap euros?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'll take whatever you want to sell at that rate Mr Cadiz. I'm serious.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
These guys are normally pretty good too - http://www.thomasexchangeglobal.co.uk/ - I get mine from Cannon Street but they've a few branches (one at Victoria I believe). Certainly better than most places in the UK

They always used to have the best rates in the country, and queues down the street.

However, another bureau has just set up round the corner, on Vauxhall Bridge Road. It has even better rates (or matched), and no queues :thumbsup:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I'm going to be in UK on Thursday and I need to change some euros into sterling.

The Post Office make a big thing about how competetive they are, I've just checked their website and if I change 500 euros they will give me £364.96

But if you then buy those 500 euros from the Post office they will charge you £422.80

That's a HUGE profit to the Post Office of £57.84

So if you need some euros, how about we do a private deal, I will swap you 500 euros for £394.00

That way we are both well over £25 better off,.

Anybody interested? I will be at the Charlton game so can pass them over then or meet you somewhere else if you aren't going on Saturday

CS... Holiday season coming up I can see a few deals being in the offing. I could use about 750 euros sometime before the end of June.

Hey Cadiz, just a heads-up. You are being more than generous with your exchange rate.
That rate from the Post Office is not an equal mark-up, it is heavily skewed in favour to the buyer of Euros.
The spot rate for EUR/GBP is currently around 0.8275. So, using this true rate , €500 = £414 ( 500 x 0.8275 )
And that €300 you've got leftover equates to about £248.

View attachment 52595

For future reference, the midpoint on the exchange rates listed on a website like this one offer a much fairer reflection ;

http://mc24.ch/24inch.html

I'm happy with the price I quoted, it's more than i would get by selling them at the Post Office

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here