Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anyone want a job?

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
It includes making the VAR appointments each week, delivering training and feedback to VARs. Sadly the only people eligible are those with experience of delivering video officiating, i.e. existing referees - the people who are the problem. So they certainly ain't fixing anything.

They might struggle finding one who can demonstrate professional development though.

Expect this to end with Atwell or Salisbury promoted into the role. Or maybe John Brooks.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I’m interested but only if it doesn’t interfere with going to our matches.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I could do that.
"Hello, can you check to see if Zaha was offs.."
"YES HE WAS!"

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
My mum has just sent in her CV as she's really good with technology & understanding the rules of football! :unsure:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mr Phil

Nov 29, 2022
Job says it's hybrid, reckon this means we could get a decent stream of any 3pm kick offs? Worth it for that alone

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Truly baffling that the VAR list contains no ex professional footballers,and they are Definitely the type of candidates VAR desperately needs,because they understand the game not just the rules and regulations like those currently getting money for old rope.

If Webb is serious about improving VAR then he needs to clean out the rubbish and start training up people that have actually played football, it's not exactly rocket science is it.

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
Truly baffling that the VAR list contains no ex professional footballers,and they are Definitely the type of candidates VAR desperately needs,because they understand the game not just the rules and regulations like those currently getting money for old rope.

If Webb is serious about improving VAR then he needs to clean out the rubbish and start training up people that have actually played football, it's not exactly rocket science is it.
Yes, pundits know the rules to the last letter, MOTD ones certainly

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Previous occupant of the role is now 100% dedicated to PGMOL's apologies department.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here