Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone use a chiropractor?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Interested in people who use one and their opinions.

Embrace

Oct 28, 2011
I have to agree with Sergei on this one. I went to one that charged nearly £30 for 15 mins. They said I had to go twice a week to see if it helped. Needless to say it didn't help and I was nearly £400 out of pocket!

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
I did,and found them all to be unqualified bullshitters with dubious training and meaningless procedures but,surprisingly elevated half-hourly rates which bore no relation to the so-called service they pretend to offer. I felt scammed by these rubbish quacksters.

Then I discovered the Back Pain clinic on New Church Road and my problem was solved in one session.

A couple of times, to manage and maintain a healthy skellington.

My back got sorted out, then I stopped when everything felt good.
There's a point where it's unhealthy to keep having your back moulded and cracked into place - as I reckon it eventually trains your bones to have the movement to go out of position easier.
Swimming is very good for the skeletal-muscular relationship, and a bit of exercise at the gym.

Too much pumping iron, running and jogging are in my opinion, ultimately negative for the body.
Every avid jogger and runner I know has had problems with knees, leg muscles, bones or veins.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A couple of times, to manage and maintain a healthy skellington.

My back got sorted out, then I stopped when everything felt good.
There's a point where it's unhealthy to keep having your back moulded and cracked into place - as I reckon it eventually trains your bones to have the movement to go out of position easier.
Swimming is very good for the skeletal-muscular relationship, and a bit of exercise at the gym.

Too much pumping iron, running and jogging are in my opinion, ultimately negative for the body.
Every avid jogger and runner I know has had problems with knees, leg muscles, bones or veins.

Or ankles.Those taking up running get healthier initially, but eventually the force of 4G's on vertebrae, knees & ankles, cannot be sustained.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
I used a chiroprator once but he was just shit. However I was recommended an osteopath who was excellent. It turned out to be the best £300 I have ever spent.These guys will fix or try to fix any problems with the bones and joints. Some take it further, it just depends on the practitioner.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Had a trapped nerve in my neck and tried every cure known to man as it was excruciatingly painful. The chiropractor was a very expensive option and one I put off but it did the trick. I think it depends on the type of problem you have as if it's muscular then maybe a physio but certainly if it's nerve related then a chiro very time

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
My sister and my colleague at work have been treated for varying back problems and have nothing but praise for the Sussex Back Clinic on Church Rd Hove.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
It depends on the Chiropractor and whether they're a snap it & crack it merchant or use a more subtle approach. I've suffered severe back problems for 5 years, had two epidurals and two op's. I swear the snap it & crack it merchant partially forced me into having the op's but I now see a lovely female Chiropractor/Dr with gentle healing hands who has me on the straight and narrow. Oh & for back pain sufferers the luxurious padded seats at the Amex help too!! :lol:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
About 12 years ago I had a back pain problem that my GP referred me to a chiropractor in Lewes who diagnosed a lower back muscle spasm that caused pain and a displacement in my upper spine. I was very wary of any 'alternative medicines' but have to say I was impressed. Very thorough diagnosis with x-rays etc.

The technique is scary at first but have to say that I felt fantastic after each session and was 'cured' after about 6 sessions. I had a couple of lapses over the subsequent 10 years or so and was sorted again after 2 sessions. It is wonderful to walk with so little effort and no pain. No problem since.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
so a bit of mixed bag really. Would it be fair to say it very much depends on who you go to? Get a decent, honest one and you are laughing. Get a voodoo evangelist and you loath the profession from there on in.

Falmerite

Jul 26, 2004
Burgess Hill
I had a bad back due my driving job but found that a Chiropractor was great for me. I now go every 3 months to keep everything ticking over. Find a recommended one and give it a try!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here