Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone recommend a decent Thai Restaurant in central Brighton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Giggling Squid - Church Road, Hove.

This place has only been open 6 months or so and has already built a good reputation. Good food at good prices in a cosy space. It is always banged out, every day both lunch and dinner. I like it and you might even get to see Glenn Murray in there.

r1200

Dec 28, 2009
The Giggling Squid - Church Road, Hove.

This place has only been open 6 months or so and has already built a good reputation. Good food at good prices in a cosy space. It is always banged out, every day both lunch and dinner. I like it and you might even get to see Glenn Murray in there.

A bit of inside info from a friend of a friend - the original chefs left this place a while ago and they have had loads of temp people in the meantime. The owners also own Mai Ped and had to shut it temporarily to keep Squid going. The problem I am told is nasty management (allegedly!!) and a menu that is really hard to cook when the place is busy! Customers complain of slow service and cold food BUT when it arrives on time and is hot it is very good. I would only recommend on a quiet day.

In Hove Thai Connection is better but more traditional. In Brighton you will be fine with Mai Ped (differenet menu to the Squid), Sukhothai, or Sopar. Avoid Sawadee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here