Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone recommend a Curry House in Kemptown?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Taxi to The Ganges in Hove. Simples.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
my last experience there was harrowing. Was a good few years ago though

Are you going to the June Tabor gig by any chance, Pevensea? I seem to remember we have similar musical tastes. I was going to ask whether there are any decent real ale pubs in Kemp Town, so I'll hang on the coat tails of your thread if you don't mind.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Memories of India at the watefront (Marina) is good. A little pricey but good.

There are some new ones in the St georges Road area which I havnt tried yet.

For something a little different try thai at Sopar (upper st james' street) nr Rock Gardens

pintsawhiskey

Apr 17, 2010
bn1
Hi,

Please please go to kemp spice in kemptown, been going for 13 years, it is like eating in sum 1s front room but food is outstanding, and they have tv for foot , think on Thursday it's any main side and starter and rice for £9.95 it s fantastic and clean. No gms etc try it...

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Are you going to the June Tabor gig by any chance, Pevensea? I seem to remember we have similar musical tastes. I was going to ask whether there are any decent real ale pubs in Kemp Town, so I'll hang on the coat tails of your thread if you don't mind.

no gigging tonight, did The Tindersticks last night and it's Throwing Muses next week so strapped for cash, boozer wise the Hand In Hand is ideally located for gigs at the Church and has it's own brewery (smallest pub in Britain to have such).

Enjoy the show,should be a cracker

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
no gigging tonight, did The Tindersticks last night and it's Throwing Muses next week so strapped for cash, boozer wise the Hand In Hand is ideally located for gigs at the Church and has it's own brewery (smallest pub in Britain to have such).

Enjoy the show,should be a cracker

Cheers and thanks for the tip on the pub. Am also having to be selective as this is a very busy season for gigs. Would love to have seen Tindersticks, but am going to see Gillian Welch at the Dome, which should be some consolation.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Hi,

Please please go to kemp spice in kemptown, been going for 13 years, it is like eating in sum 1s front room but food is outstanding, and they have tv for foot , think on Thursday it's any main side and starter and rice for £9.95 it s fantastic and clean. No gms etc try it...
Went with high hopes a few weeks back, but it was only distinctly average. Memories of India at the Marina is okay. But I've heard that Pavel is really good.

Let us all know what you thought of where you chose to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here