Anyone on here listen to TALKSPORT?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I used to like Mike Dickin.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He was sacked? the only reason I gave up on TS was because of him might have to start tuning in agan. What he get sacked for?

He got into a shouting match (well, Gaunty was was shouting, predictably) with some guy from a local authority involved with finding foster parents for young children, but they had a policy of not placing children with smokers I believe. Gaunt was basically going mental with the guy and several times called him a nazi. Called in by management after the show and (quite rightly in my opinion) sacked on the spot.

Evil Edna

Roll the dice!
Jul 15, 2007
Where poet's live.
Well never liked him he would never let someone get there point across.

Ian sutied that time of day much better. John should have filled James W slot, probably would have worked out well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A radio presenter who called a Conservative councillor a "Nazi" and an "ignorant pig" live on air has been sacked.

An investigation was launched after the remarks, made by Jon Gaunt on his Talksport radio show, generated "a number" of complaints from listeners.

During a show earlier this month, Gaunt was interviewing councillor Michael Stark about Redbridge Council's ban on smokers becoming foster parents, which will come into force in January 2010.

Mr Stark defended the decision on the grounds that the welfare of young children should be put ahead of the needs of foster families.

But Gaunt, who was in care as a child, accused his interviewee of being a "Nazi" and an "ignorant pig".

He then tried to tone down his remarks by saying Mr Stark was a "health Nazi" and arguing that children in care would be deprived of the chance of finding a foster home under the new policy.

At the end of the show, Gaunt made an on-air apology to his guest and was suspended pending an investigation.

A Talksport spokesman said today: "Talksport yesterday terminated presenter Jon Gaunt's contract following an interview with Redbridge Council's Councillor Michael Stark on Friday, November 7.

"The decision follows an internal Talksport investigation that was instigated following complaints about the content and nature of the broadcast.

"The radio station has apologised to the councillor for the manner in which the interview was conducted."

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North

I concur also.

I only ever listen to H & J on occasions. They are mostly very clued up and very funny.

The rest of it is utter pony. Alan Brazil is unintentionally funny sometimes. Durham and Wright are unlistenable and don't even get me started on Parry. Quite what a decent broadcaster like Mark Saggers is doing on that station I will never know.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Andy Jacobs is a total wanker, Chelsea this, Chelsea that.He said the F. A Cup was devalued when Millwall got there and should be seeded, so it never happened again..Said the well know players, should play in Ryder Cup and not the players who actually got in on merit and so on and so on.He is an elitest wanker, who cant think no further back, than when Chelsea had money and were a shite, struggling club with run down, crap hole of ground, tosser!!Love Alan Brazil in mornings though, meet him at Cheltenham years ago and he tipped me a winner, top man!

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
yeah sacked james whale, john gaunty and tommy boyd some yrs back...management on there are ruthless...one false move and your out on there, id never listen to that station again..lbc i quite enjoy..esp early in the morning ...like to listen to steve allen laying into jordan and katona...more more !!!:thumbsup:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
it all went downhill after i won the birthday challenge on H n J many years ago!!!! hehe

Luckily the quality was rescued recently when these two DASHING lotharios visited H&J (and the lovely Robyn of course)

n72503635512712389959.jpg

:thumbsup:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
only discovered this a few months ago, now listen almost every day from Canada, fantastic stuff!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Listen online to the Brazil breakfast show, anyone else think that Dominic Cork was out of order touting for Ronnie Irani's job. I can't stand Irani sucking up to Brazil all the time, but it was out of order IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here