Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone noticed a jump in travel costs the past few days.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
My usual train ticket is £15 i went to book it and its now over £20, i called southernrail and they have no idea why it has gone up???, so i asked what they are going to do about it and they said they have to go by the prices on the computer. I explained that when i booked last week it was £15, i gave her the booking reference and everything and she agreed that was the price, but she could not explain the rise in the cost in the past week.

So in the end i have had to pay the £20 but i have also lodged a complaint, just wondering if anyone has noticed a rise in there travel costs the past week or 2?

She did say that there are no price increases due any time soon.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A very high % increase, RPI plus something from early September, all in good cause as they have to pay back the government more on their franchise

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
bloody trains....went to brighton to meet a mate for luncheon and cinema last saturday - return ticket from shoreham was £3 and a few pennies.. from worthing - £ 5.40 but from angmering... £21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF
now i know why i dont dooo trains!

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
I was under the impression (perhaps incorrectly) that off-peak tickets could rise by any amount and that only the above formula related to season tickets?

I'd expect they've increased the ticket prices recently before the winter.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
i see what your saying but surely the people in the customer service department i spoke to today would have known all this, they had no idea why the travel costs had shot up so much

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here