Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone looking for a nice little foreign club to ADOPT?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
ah, good stuff. i have friends from Pionki to the north east and and Szydlowiec to the south west.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh Pionki!!!! Always loved the name of that place.... sounded like a kiddies name for a piano!

Have you been there. It's not the best part of Poland.... still huge unemployment but lots of really nice people.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh Pionki!!!! Always loved the name of that place.... sounded like a kiddies name for a piano!

Have you been there. It's not the best part of Poland.... still huge unemployment but lots of really nice people.

no, i have invites but apparently the kids with brains are all in the UK now, they escaped!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
no, i have invites but apparently the kids with brains are all in the UK now, they escaped!

Great avatar!!!!! :) Spread the word... Up the Zieloni!!!!!!

True.... hence the reason foır the Radomiak UK website aşthough the guy who runs feels pretty lonely at the mo... the club actually went out of business for about five daystwo months ago while the POlish league revoked and then reinstated its licence... Dark days but a great future ahead if the club is given time.

Anyway mate... go! go! go! Poland's a great country and very cheap.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Great avatar!!!!! :) Spread the word... Up the Zieloni!!!!!!

True.... hence the reason foır the Radomiak UK website aşthough the guy who runs feels pretty lonely at the mo... the club actually went out of business for about five daystwo months ago while the POlish league revoked and then reinstated its licence... Dark days but a great future ahead if the club is given time.

Anyway mate... go! go! go! Poland's a great country and very cheap.

i have been to poland, great place - would love to go back. have you seen the pictures of the new ground? pretty flash, they have quite a good catchment area i believe although my friend from Pionki says a lot of people are travvelling to Korono Kieltje (sp.) as they are really going places apparently.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Korona Kielce WERE going places but because of all the corruption the owner has just walked out of the club so their days are numbered . . . a bit lıke Abramovich walking out of Chelsea . . but to be fair to the guy did it is in protest of corruption so power to him

BTW don't ever ever EVER mention Korona and Radomiak in the same breath. Korona is like Palace with extra poison. Few people know this but the first strikes against the Communist governement (before Walesa) hapopened in 1976 in Radom. Because the government couldn't trust the police there they sent in riot police from Kielce and there were quite a few deaths / injuries. The governement then punished Radom by stripping it of its industries and relocating them in Kielce.

So very VERY VERY bad feeling there.

The ground is only at planning stage now... like Falmer... and they still havent finalised the location.. our Radomiak UK guy will know better. What I can tell you is that Radom has been picked as a training site for teams taking part in Euro 2012 so hopefully those will take place in the new stadium.

Exciting times..... if only the team could rise to the occasion :(

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Korona Kielce WERE going places but because of all the corruption the owner has just walked out of the club so their days are numbered . . . a bit lıke Abramovich walking out of Chelsea . . but to be fair to the guy did it is in protest of corruption so power to him

the polish FA are so crooked, it's a shame - have they found all that Puma money froma few years back? millions of pounds for grass roots and youth football gone into back pockets at the PZPN.

it would be sooooo good to organise a pre-season trip to poland, if only the albion would think of something like that. we can but dream.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
the polish FA are so crooked, it's a shame - have they found all that Puma money froma few years back? millions of pounds for grass roots and youth football gone into back pockets at the PZPN.

it would be sooooo good to organise a pre-season trip to poland, if only the albion would think of something like that. we can but dream.

Well with this and the other thread there are about 4 of us now... ufnrotaunetly we're dotted all over the place but you never know? Check out the other thread for more links.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How about twinning the teams, like they do with towns. I know that we already have some sort of understanding with Le Havre but it would be good to extend that eastwards and invite a Polish team in to form a footballing triumverate...might also help us to attract interest in the Albion from the Polish community in our part of the South Coast. Maybe we could even have a pre-season mini-tournament with them both.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
How about twinning the teams, like they do with towns. I know that we already have some sort of understanding with Le Havre but it would be good to extend that eastwards and invite a Polish team in to form a footballing triumverate...might also help us to attract interest in the Albion from the Polish community in our part of the South Coast. Maybe we could even have a pre-season mini-tournament with them both.

I'll suggest it Gully. Great idea!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Nope - I've already got one: my late grandfather was forever muttering over the top of his Bild newspaper "tsk, I see Duisburg lost again". And I've been to see them a few times now with my cousins and they're not a great side but they're right in my DNA and I love that.

Although - they've just been relegated out of the Bundesliga, so I've every right to call myself a Bayern fan now and sod any connections I've got with the club. *plastisch*

You want a Dutch team, and here is an ideal team to adopt.
QUICK BOYS KATWIJK
BLUE & WHITE stripes, and conveniently close to Amsterdam....for.....obvious reasons.

http://www.quickboys.nl/

qb_IJK1650.jpg

They finished third (in their Division) of the third level of Dutch football (the top amateur level)

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...I think I know where our more senior released players can go for a game...they can join the Katwijk youth team...judging by that pic!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Stop FAN poaching.

Berchem are the way FORWARD and are LOVING the fact they now have an English Supporters Club.

PLUS their best player is a part-time policeman. Marvellous part-time soccerist scenes.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Stop FAN poaching.

Berchem are the way FORWARD and are LOVING the fact they now have an English Supporters Club.

PLUS their best player is a part-time policeman. Marvellous part-time soccerist scenes.

I was waiting for this ;) Sorry mate but Belgium is so domesticated Western Europe. Polish football is still so underdeveloped... almost jumpers for goalposts stuff and Radomiak have suffered they are the natural counterparts to the Albion, so much unlike your comfortable middle Belgium team.

Sorry :)

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Stop FAN poaching.

I think I may give up my fondness for KV Mechelen for Berchem, sounds class!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was waiting for this ;) Sorry mate but Belgium is so domesticated Western Europe. Polish football is still so underdeveloped... almost jumpers for goalposts stuff and Radomiak have suffered they are the natural counterparts to the Albion, so much unlike your comfortable middle Belgium team.

Sorry :)

Maybe we could TWIN the two supporters clubs...

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
16177H.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Can't go wrong with the blue and white colour scheme, eh?

The MLS season kicks off tomorrow, but CF Montréal will play 6 away games before opening at home in mid-April -- for reasons altogether unfathomable to me. ;)

Anyway, we're one of the better clubs at fostering homegrown talent -- there are 4 French-speaking Québécois and 4 English Canadians on the squad, plus half-a-dozen Yanks, and a number of European, Hispanic and African players. We actually finished 2nd in the Eastern Conference with 5 Canucks in our regular starting XI, but unfortunately lost to NYCFC in the quarter-finals.

Two of our greatest claims to fame: Thierry Henry coached us for a year, as did Wilfried Nancy, who led the Columbus Crew to the MLS title last year playing De Zerbi ball.

CF Montréal's owners are Italian-Canadian. The Saputos came to Québec from Sicily and became multi-millionnaires famous nationwide for their dairy products. The current family rep is Joey Saputo, who's also well-known as the chairman and majority shareholder of Bologna FC. In fact, back in May, I was having breakfast with an Italian couple at a B&B in Golders Green, and it turned out they were from Bologna! We ended up talking about the Saputo-Montréal-Bologna football nexus for the next hour, lol.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
16177H.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

The MLS season kicks off tomorrow, but CF Montréal will play 6 away games before opening at home in mid-April -- for reasons altogether unfathomable to me. ;)

Anyway, we're one of the better clubs at fostering homegrown talent -- there are 4 French-speaking Québécois and 4 English Canadians on the squad, plus half-a-dozen Yanks, and a number of European, Hispanic and African players. We actually finished 2nd in the Eastern Conference with 5 Canucks in our regular starting XI, but unfortunately lost to NYCFC in the quarter-finals.

Two of our greatest claims to fame: Thierry Henry coached us for a year, as did Wilfried Nancy, who led the Columbus Crew to the MLS title last year playing De Zerbi ball.

CF Montréal's owners are Italian-Canadian. The Saputos came to Québec from Sicily and became multi-millionnaires famous nationwide for their dairy products. The current family rep is Joey Saputo, who's also well-known as the chairman and majority shareholder of Bologna FC. In fact, back in May, I was having breakfast with an Italian couple at a B&B in Golders Green, and it turned out they were from Bologna! We ended up talking about the Saputo-Montréal-Bologna football nexus for the next hour, lol.

Y

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
16177H.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Do Montréal have a nickname, so I can enthusiastically cry "UP THE.......(whatever)!!", when required?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here