Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Happy To Admit To Panic Buying/Stockpiling?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
794b29d266dc65664c7207c6616a14e4.jpg

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Just seen the panic buying in France after they announced the lockdown. Am glad we have not gone down that route yet.

The panic has happened non the less though. The local Waitrose (yes, I know....) has been completely stripped - no frozen food, no chilled food, no veg. All gone. Must have occurred immediately after last nights suggestions and witterings.

Someone showed me a video from sky news of a sainsbury in Chiswick yesterday and the queues there were unbelievable.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Just popped into Tesco Express to get some potatoes and wine and there was a woman in there trying to buy two loaves of bread. They are restricting it to one loaf per shopper ( fair enough in my mind ). And this woman was having a go at the assistant saying it wasn't fair as she was buying the second loaf for her daughter. Assistant's answer - well put it back on the shelf and if it's still there when your daughter comes in to buy it then she can have it. Made me chuckle !!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's happening.....................:(

Mrs D has just been to the local Tesco, and stocks on the WINE and BEER shelves are starting to get low (plus shelves completely stripped of non-essentials like potatoes, pasta, bogroll etc).

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The panic has happened non the less though. The local Waitrose (yes, I know....) has been completely stripped - no frozen food, no chilled food, no veg. All gone. Must have occurred immediately after last nights suggestions and witterings.

Someone showed me a video from sky news of a sainsbury in Chiswick yesterday and the queues there were unbelievable.

Well indeed. When I got to work this morning at Tesco, there was no bread at all from yesterday (first time that has ever happened) and at the end of my shift at 11, all the bread we had was out on sale in the shop (first time that has ever happened too). It will be long gone by now. I had so many people come up to me at 6:01am asking where the bread was - it had yet to be delivered. There are no tinned tomatoes, pasta, bog roll, tinned meat, tinned peas(!!), flour and hardly any baked beans, crisps, breakfast cereal. Still loads of cakes though. The panic in France though was people fighting to actually get into the shop.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
no pasta, loo roll and very little fruit or veg in the local Sainsburys near us - we get our shopping delivered every week as nobody in the house drives and our last shopping ordered on Saturday we got a slot for this Thursday (usually would get one on the next Tuesday) which was OK, just checking availability for next week and was lucky to find a slot at Asda on 29/03 :(

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
The halfwits around here have taken all the dog tripe, they're not going to be happy bunnies (doggies) with only the hard stuff. It's tough out there......

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
[MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]
Whilst driving past Uxb Tesco Metro today, I couldn't believe the amount of coppers outside, obviously something amiss, drove to Sainsburys and very serene :)

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Still no loo roll, that I can find. Luckily, I trained myself to not 'go' for four days at a time, at each Glastonbury, so my meagre supply should last a while.
And they laughed at me, at the time. :D

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just seen the panic buying in France after they announced the lockdown. Am glad we have not gone down that route yet.

Not an onion or Gauloises left in the country.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Well indeed. When I got to work this morning at Tesco, there was no bread at all from yesterday (first time that has ever happened) and at the end of my shift at 11, all the bread we had was out on sale in the shop (first time that has ever happened too). It will be long gone by now. I had so many people come up to me at 6:01am asking where the bread was - it had yet to be delivered. There are no tinned tomatoes, pasta, bog roll, tinned meat, tinned peas(!!), flour and hardly any baked beans, crisps, breakfast cereal. Still loads of cakes though. The panic in France though was people fighting to actually get into the shop.

No queuing? Bloody animals!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Still no loo roll, that I can find. Luckily, I trained myself to not 'go' for four days at a time, at each Glastonbury, so my meagre supply should last a while.
And they laughed at me, at the time. :D

Had a call with a bunch of Canadians earlier - no loo roll in Canada either it seems. Plain weird

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If you are one of the ****WITS that have stripped the shelves of everything - then you should be ****ing ashamed of yourselves. Haven't been into a shop for a few days and was staggered by the Dystopian/Armageddon scene that confronted me at Sainsbury's Hove. FFS calm the **** down and buy what you need. More people (especially the old and vulnerable) will die of ****ing starvation than this virus if you keep this up. RANT OVER

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here