Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone got the new macbook air

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I bought a MacBook Air around the time they first came out (2008?) and it still does everything I need it to do as quick as I want. My only issue is that the 'anti glare' coating has rubbed off the screen, as it comes in to contact with the keys when it's closed down.

When it does eventually need upgrading, I'll buy a new MacBook Air.

It can't be as long as 2008. It must have been the late 2010 model. Just FYI.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I have a mid 11 MacBook Air. It was superb up until a couple weeks ago when the track pad failed and started dragging everything. Nearest Apple shop to me is in over the boarder in Geneva. It's 3 years old now, just past it's extended warranty (typical)
Before that, never had any issues, quick enough for what I wanted to do, HDD space is limited being solid state, but gets the user into good habits of using external drives and backing data up. Cables to convert mac mini to HDMI are cheap, although mine doesn't seem to transmit sound (although it should) but I have it connected to a 3.5 jack for the amp anyway.
Watching flash videos for a while tends to get the fan going in hyperdrive, runs a lot hotter than my MacBook Pro.
I've been offered a new one for a very good price £663.80. Tempting if I can't get mine fixed by a 'genius' when I can make the trip.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
My 2010 model has been round several countries with me for work. It's just what is required for a travelling laptop.

I'm going to have a go at replacing the hard drive soon and then retire it to my children, but it still works flawlessly.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Just ordered a 1Tb SSD to stick in my MBP 2011 should give it a new lease of life and keep me away from a new one for another couple of years.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
13" Macbook Air 256GB in UK £999. In USA I can buy it for £734.
Can anyone think of any obvious reasons not to buy it in the US?

I realise the plug will be different.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Have a MacBook pro from 2011. As good as the day I bought it. Good as gold. Well worth the grand I paid for it.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I bought a MBP a month ago. It just seems so well made and everything integrates nicely. The Mrs bought a new Windows 8 laptop at the same time and it's shit.
Pretty much the only time I use windows now is to occasionally play games on my desktop.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
13" Macbook Air 256GB in UK £999. In USA I can buy it for £734.
Can anyone think of any obvious reasons not to buy it in the US?

I realise the plug will be different.

My 13"/256gb came from the Apple Store in West Palm Beach.

It's not just the plug is different, it's the whole lower half of the lead from the power block.

Also, there's a slight difference in the keyboard with # and £. It's still a no brainer though - go for it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My 13"/256gb came from the Apple Store in West Palm Beach.

It's not just the plug is different, it's the whole lower half of the lead from the power block.

Also, there's a slight difference in the keyboard with # and £. It's still a no brainer though - go for it.

My 11'' Air was off someone who bought there's purely for the flight home from Singapore...i have the same keyboard difference and hardly notice it..love it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here