Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone got any bloody hard football questions

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Probably been asked before...which is the only team in the English leagues in whose name you cannot fill in any of the letters (i.e. there are no 'closed' letters)?

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Yes, he was.

Anyone care to NAME him (without cheating...?)

I had to cheat. I confess it didn't ring any bells though, and I thought it would.

Here's one from my neck of the woods(ish). A club of which name played in the Scottish league over the following periods:

1914-1915
1917-1931
1965 (or arguably 1964) - 2002

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I had to cheat. I confess it didn't ring any bells though, and I thought it would.

Here's one from my neck of the woods(ish). A club of which name played in the Scottish league over the following periods:

1914-1915
1917-1931
1965 (or arguably 1964) - 2002

Clydebank seemed to disappear a while ago. Is it them?

I also cheated on the manager of Sweden in 1958 - I'd never heard of him either.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

NickGull

Apr 6, 2012
Who was the first player to score hat-tricks against the same club in both matches of a Premier League season?

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
I only knew of him, because somebody on the radio mentioned him a few days ago. Its quite a story. He really ought to be far better know here than he is.

George Raynor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quite a story indeed:

"Nine years after these triumphs Raynor was being made redundant after a seven-month stint managing Doncaster Rovers in the English Fourth Division. But perhaps nothing illustrates the contrast between Raynor's international profile and his English one better than the fact that during his career he managed Lazio and later found work as a manager with Skegness Town."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here