Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone going to the Downing Street Protests?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Downing Street was a diversion. Main demo is outside the Tory Spring Conference in Covent Garden, where protestors have blocked the front and back entrances (Cameron is among those inside).

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Downing Street was a diversion. Main demo is outside the Tory Spring Conference in Covent Garden, where protestors have blocked the front and back entrances (Cameron is among those inside).

thats where the RT feed is,outside the connaught rooms...............and thats the main demo is it :D

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
thats where the RT feed is,outside the connaught rooms...............and thats the main demo is it :D

Presumably so. The Facebook events re Downing Street posted earlier only had about 3,000 listed as attending and usual actual attendance for demos is 10-20% of FB figure, so 400 people is what I'd expect there. People on Twitter claiming about 1,500 for the Connaught Rooms one, so that would be the main one if those figures are correct.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Presumably so. The Facebook events re Downing Street posted earlier only had about 3,000 listed as attending and usual actual attendance for demos is 10-20% of FB figure, so 400 people is what I'd expect there. People on Twitter claiming about 1,500 for the Connaught Rooms one, so that would be the main one if those figures are correct.

Yes but are ST no-shows included in this figure or not. I want actual attendance not tickets sold!!!!

But Wow, 1.500 people which is about 0.00003% of those eligible to vote, was it worth it.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
never mind protesting about this crazy idiot's dodgy past why not protest over tax payers money being wrongly spent on a pro EU propaganda leaflet at a time when the health service needs all the money it can get.?

i still after 5 months await a much needed operation, have heard not a thing other than we are sorry but the very earliest you will be seen is june.... it's a joke..

If the tories start funding the NHS properly it will ruin their narrative that the NHS is rubbish. Of course they don't tell you it's because it critically underfunded.... by them.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What utter b*llocks. I didn't elect Facebook, Google etc to represent me, my country - I voted for Cameron. He has let me down by not paying his tax and that makes me angry. He didn't own up to this fact when he should've so I don't trust him any more. I therefore will take my democratic right and protest, whilst you sit behind your keyboard and slag off people who are getting involved

He has paid his tax you silly, silly man!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If the tories start funding the NHS properly it will ruin their narrative that the NHS is rubbish.

ive never heard a tory say the NHS is rubbish. those that continuously talk down the service and say how poor it is, tend to come from the left, in an attempt to say how badly its being run and therefore needs more funding. end of the day the budget has been increased in real terms for the past government, if its underfunded it follows thats been the case for decades (which may be the case).

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If I was going to protest about anything I would be outside the ministry of defence with a placard reading "drop more bombs on ISIS you divvies" not getting my panties in a bunch about what Daves dead dad did.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If the tories start funding the NHS properly it will ruin their narrative that the NHS is rubbish. Of course they don't tell you it's because it critically underfunded.... by them.

I have to say, as an Accident and Emergency nurse, that over my twenty odd years in and around critical care I have seen the disaster that is A&E under both the tories and labour. People with broken hips being toileted in the corridor because there's no beds, old people bed blocking because social care has imploded, mums being told their little boy has died in a sluice room because there is no relative room free...all of those things happen exclusively under Tory rule. I've seen it all before. It's so, so, sad and depressing that all of the good done by new labour has been sacrificed in a mad rush to privatise social care and slash community support for the elderly.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have to say, as an Accident and Emergency nurse, that over my twenty odd years in and around critical care I have seen the disaster that is A&E under both the tories and labour. People with broken hips being toileted in the corridor because there's no beds, old people bed blocking because social care has imploded, mums being told their little boy has died in a sluice room because there is no relative room free...all of those things happen exclusively under Tory rule. I've seen it all before. It's so, so, sad and depressing that all of the good done by new labour has been sacrificed in a mad rush to privatise social care and slash community support for the elderly.

pardon the expression but that is straight from the horses mouth
and as for lefties talking down the NHS you will never,never hear me talking it down. As I have said before they have saved my life twice and diagnosed saving my sight, and it still is something to be proud of.
maybe its because Aneurin Bevan was a bit of a lefty and they never thought of it first, but if you think this government is not trying to privatise the NHS through the back door you live on another planet

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Oh dear! The Cameron bashers appear to have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory! No doubt Corbyn and his crew will attempt to crank it up next week - but it's a dead duck and Corbyn will be ripped to shreads as usual at PMQ's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here