Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone going to Spain?

abc

Jan 6, 2007
I am thinking of going mainly to get a few days away from work and the weather. I could take my 15yr old son with me but concerned he might get rather bored between the two matches as my plan will be to work (via email etc) during the days.

Does anyone know if there is anything happening Brighton-wise between the two matches that fans can get involved with/watch etc? eg training sessions and the like

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
I'm going with 4 others. As far as I'm aware nothing has been organised between fans, a good time to do that would be at the Pompey game. A piss up at the swanky golf resort pub after the game could be a laugh!

Dec 29, 2011
Send him out to explore where you are staying. Maybe let him day trip somewhere, the coach system is Spain is pretty decent (and cheap) if you're staying in Jerez you could go to Cadiz via train for about 3 euros. If you're staying in a beach town such as Gib or Malaga he can just go beach.

Where are you staying?

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Send him out to explore where you are staying. Maybe let him day trip somewhere, the coach system is Spain is pretty decent (and cheap) if you're staying in Jerez you could go to Cadiz via train for about 3 euros. If you're staying in a beach town such as Gib or Malaga he can just go beach.

Where are you staying?

No idea at the moment as havent decided whether to go. Will probably depend on whether I take the boy or not.

I definitely won't do the official travel as the times / dates won't suit. Is Gib the best place to fly to or are other options eg Malaga Ok?

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Two of us going staying in Malaga.

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND
Jerez is the nearest airport to the first game (closely followed by Seville), Malaga is the nearest to the second game.

Jerez and Marbella are a good two hours drive from each other with public transport between the two fairly limited (i.e. a number of changes required).

Nothing has been organised as far as I'm aware although we're half expecting/hoping for a public training session at Montecastillo (the resort where the Pompey game is being played).

The old city of Jerez is great for wondering/getting lost it/going from bar to bar etc. In terms of keeping kids happy/entertained there is a decent go-kart track on the south side of Jerez and a Zoo (quite near the centre). Sherry bodegas are probably the biggest tourist attraction and a perfectly pleasant way to spend a few hours. Seville is an hour north (direct train) and if you've not been is well worth at least 2/3 days.

For those on the official package the hotel is located on the outskirts of the centre of Jerez, a pleasant 20 minute walk into the centre.

Having said all of this the temperatures in Andalucia average around the mid/high 30's and if its too hot places are quite likely to be closed!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Jerez is the nearest airport to the first game (closely followed by Seville), Malaga is the nearest to the second game.

Jerez and Marbella are a good two hours drive from each other with public transport between the two fairly limited (i.e. a number of changes required).

Nothing has been organised as far as I'm aware although we're half expecting/hoping for a public training session at Montecastillo (the resort where the Pompey game is being played).

The old city of Jerez is great for wondering/getting lost it/going from bar to bar etc. In terms of keeping kids happy/entertained there is a decent go-kart track on the south side of Jerez and a Zoo (quite near the centre). Sherry bodegas are probably the biggest tourist attraction and a perfectly pleasant way to spend a few hours. Seville is an hour north (direct train) and if you've not been is well worth at least 2/3 days.

For those on the official package the hotel is located on the outskirts of the centre of Jerez, a pleasant 20 minute walk into the centre.

Having said all of this the temperatures in Andalucia average around the mid/high 30's and if its too hot places are quite likely to be closed!

There's also an aqua park between Puerto de Snta. Maria and Jerez which is a great place for kids. The Gibraltar area is equidistant (more or less) between Jerez and Marbella and somewhere like Tarifa is a lively place at this time of the year.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Blimey! Things to do. Cheap and efficient public transport. I'm beginning to wonder if our old country is falling behind the rest of the world.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Thank you, especially gingerbeer, tomy and gibseagull, very helpful.

Given the question "anyone going to spain?" the answer seems to be 'not many'...........

daveyboy40

Feb 25, 2009
I'm going to Spain but unfortunately fly out the day the team fly back....!but looking forward to two weeks in the sun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here